Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

What's this pretty stuff he is talking about stopping and bringing back later..... 

He isn’t going to play any technical players such as Coutinho or Buendia until we can start to do the basics right. …Apart from yesterday. Because he forgot. 

38 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was concerned by this when I watched his post match comments, as Gerrard seemed to apportion blame for our poor form on both Beale leaving and a new coach (Critchley) coming in. He alluded to the fact that he'd had to rein Critchley back.

I think the next time SG enters his office he should take a minute to read the designation on his door. Gerrard is the "Head Coach" and that means you don't blame your assistants.

God. I’ve watched the same interview and he implied nothing of the sort. He clearly said at the start that he was responsible for the style of play and wanting to progress the ball more quickly but had to take a more pragmatic approach. The point re critchley if anything was that they were aligned in how they both really want to play but are taking a more pragmatic approach …..for now. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What's this pretty stuff he is talking about stopping and bringing back later..... 

Probably passing the ball to a teammate. We've seem to have stopped doing that. Our passing % in the last couple games is 74%, 71% and 77%, 

He didn’t say anything of the sort. It’s just another imaginary shit stick to beat him with similar to the refusal for the same posters to believe that Tyrone was injured v Bournemouth.

There are plenty of valid reasons to question his approach without having to invent crap out of thin air.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

400m+ spent on the squad in just over 3 years, all this nonscence talk about pushing for top 8 & Europe, having players like Luiz, kamara, Buendia, Coutinho......

Gerrard's quote after just about beating a seriously dire Southampton and playing really badly....

"We will be better in terms of style, possession and the pretty stuff, that'll come, but at the moment whats important is points, tonight we did it in a different way, we did it by grinding, by sticking together and getting over the line, we've done it in a pragmatic way today"

Anyone would think we had just got promoted and had spent nothing in the transfer window, that we were fighting for our lives as betting favourites to go straight back down, but plucky Villa are fighting for our lives after little squad investment and being entirely new to the league.

Gerrard is a fraud.

I think McGinn accidentally spoke the truth in his interview, he said:

"it wasnt a match full of ability, if i was watching on the telly i would have turned it off".

Thats damning......

This is what pisses me off the most. Why is he allowed to get away with creating this false picture? 

I can picture carragher praising him for keeping us up at the end of the season.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This is what pisses me off the most. Why is he allowed to get away with creating this false picture? 

I can picture carragher praising him for keeping us up at the end of the season.

To be fair to Gerrard, what he said was true. He was alluding to the fact that the players and he were feeling the pressure that such a poor start to the season has rightfully created. He stated that a bit of pragmatism was necessary, to win points and get them up the table. With that, the pressure would reduce, the confidence would increase and enable them to play with a bit more freedom.

What he said was fine. He wasn’t trying to create a false narrative. For what it’s worth, despite having many faults, honestly in his appraisal of team performance, is generally fairly honest.

I was disappointed in his team selection yesterday and to be fair, the performance was really poor but despite that, he always fronts up and is honest in his assessment. 

• Like 3

We're 7 games into the season and I've near enough lost all interest with Villa already. I walked out of Villa Park last night and thought to myself thank god I don't go to every game anymore because that shit was depressing. 

Gerrard has fluked results, probably secured his job for a while now and we're ****. The club is going nowhere, it literally is the Steve Bruce era turned up to the max. 

Any sort of talk about Europe gets more and more embarrassing. The board have completely **** this up and quite frankly, they deserve the shitshow that's going to be served up for the next 8 months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think Gerrard was okay after the game with a few difficult questions asked by Carragher and Neville. They discussed pragmatism, changing the style, coaching and Mings which are all or have been issues. I thought he was honest with his responses and his passion shone through, he wants to win.

Many were anti-Gerrard before he even got in the Manager's office and it is unfortunate as he was never given a chance. Hence subjectivism is never a good thing. Gerrard is not going anywhere soon; yes he's learning on the job and it is not ideal but he was humble enough to admit that last night.

Villa have been crying out for a few scrappy performances to get points for months now and I'd take that right now as it does give us a platform to build upon.

Again around a year ago people were calling for the head of Arteta and now he's favoured.

Yes, we are a fickle bunch.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We're 7 games into the season and I've near enough lost all interest with Villa already. I walked out of Villa Park last night and thought to myself thank god I don't go to every game anymore because that shit was depressing. 

Gerrard has fluked results, probably secured his job for a while now and we're ****. The club is going nowhere, it literally is the Steve Bruce era turned up to the max. 

Any sort of talk about Europe gets more and more embarrassing. The board have completely **** this up and quite frankly, they deserve the shitshow that's going to be served up for the next 8 months. 

Imagine hiking merchanding/ticket prices e.t.c and the end result is you having to pay through the nose for the privilege of watching an inferior version of Bruceball.

Fans will start voting with their feet soon enough.

Edited by AshVilla

Â