Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

On 10/09/2022 at 08:21, Vive_La_Villa said:

With Klopp having a poor start to the season I just wonder if he did get sacked would Gerrard have had a chance of the job had he not joined Villa.  He could have potentially won another league in Scotland and had a good European campaign.  His stock has fallen considerably since joining Villa. 

He's probably fortunate to be honest. Imagine what it would do with his reputation there if he'd got that job. It would have been a disaster. 

On 10/09/2022 at 08:21, Vive_La_Villa said:

With Klopp having a poor start to the season I just wonder if he did get sacked would Gerrard have had a chance of the job had he not joined Villa.  He could have potentially won another league in Scotland and had a good European campaign.  His stock has fallen considerably since joining Villa. 

Nope. Rangers fans were already starting to look a bit nervous before we took him off their hands. By all accounts Gerrard was having a poor start to the season before we swooped in.

• Like 2

Bit more of a risk for him now I would say, depending on when the Leicester game is played. Leicester is a game I would have thought we would win, giving him a bit more time. Now Southampton is the next game, it will be seen as a more difficult game and possibly another poor loss.

55 minutes ago, jim said:

We'll win the next one and go on a mini unbeaten run.

Or not and he will get sacked.

I think he will get sacked.

Or we win the next one and go on a mini unbeaten run.

Hard to tell. 

Â