Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Got it pretty spot on today tbf. 

I personally don't see it as anything other than a fluke, which I was worried about, but no doubt this point will buy him another month probably. If he builds on this then fair enough but I'm almost certain we won't and next week it'll be back to reality. 

1 minute ago, daft said:

Credit where credit is due indeed. I doubt it, but this can be the start of a series of good results that shoots us up the table. 

I hope so but I fear it won't 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Buendia looked like bad body language at the end - starting to wonder if he’s a bad egg.

He seemed to push Gerrard away when he was about to come on. I don't think he is a bad egg, but will be very frustrated to see Coutinho come on first considering how bad Phil has been. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Arguably his best managerial performance since he has been here.

System and game plan were on point.

Taking McGinn off was on point.

If we showed anything like this against the other teams we'd be much better off ffs.

True. I think the only criticism is bringing Phil on instead of Buendia. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Honestly, if the manager is always auditioning for the next game, we might as well get it over with. 

He was probably always going to get Leicester and, possibly, Southampton anyway so nothing has changed for me.

The next 2 games will be the real test for Gerrard. Before today's game I would've said 4 points from those 2 would be ok, but I think he can get away with a win and a loss from those games now.

• Like 1

I've no idea how one game has made everyone happy for him to have the next game. We often get called a fickle fan base and I never saw why until today. 

30-odd games of complete tactical ineptitude. He got it right today, accidentally I'd imagine, and suddenly were deciding his fate on a game by game basis? Not for me. I'll enjoy a good result, but he needs to go. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sam3773 said:

I've no idea how one game has made everyone happy for him to have the next game. We often get called a fickle fan base and I never saw why until today. 

30-odd games of complete tactical ineptitude. He got it right today, accidentally I'd imagine, and suddenly were deciding his fate on a game by game basis? Not for me. I'll enjoy a good result, but he needs to go. 

This

What I'll add is that with this squad we should be able to concede possession, defend for our lives and try to counter. 

Now if the aim is survival that's probably the way to play and grind out a 16th place finish  

The issue becomes that we want top half. We want to control games and break down teams that do to us what we did to Man City.

Thats what I want to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

We will still be much better under a new manager. If some wanna risk this guy, that's up to you, but I'll still be waiting for the inevitable. An the longer it goes the more risk it is.

Well…. What choice do we have.

Â