Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, jim said:

I wasn't suggesting you were, I was pointing out that poor performances aside if there is other stuff going on behind the scenes causing disruption then the powers that be will dismiss him post haste hence no need for the concern he won't be gone quickly.

I think the poor performances would (or should) be more important to the powers that be than behind the scenes squabbles. They'll only care about the latter insofar as it will eventually lead to poor performances. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jim said:

I wasn't suggesting you were, I was pointing out that poor performances aside if there is other stuff going on behind the scenes causing disruption then the powers that be will dismiss him post haste hence no need for the concern he won't be gone quickly.

Think I’ve cracked it , Jim/James/Jamie you are indeed Jamie Carragher 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Surely it’s Leicester which will be the final straw? No point getting rid after a game in which we have no hope of winning anyway, even if we could play actual football. 

Several good reasons to pull the trigger now rather than after another desperate, demoralizing debacle. Players and fans deserve and need an interim moment or two to catch their breaths and get "centered." Bad idea to jump right into another relationship after a breakup. I still wish Villa would let our players go managerless for a couple games. But what do I know?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jim said:

19th in the league. I think there's cause for concern that he won't be gone quickly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I care what the players think. You know the ones who actually go out and represent the club?

Of course, no issues with that statement. I’d imagine they have far more visibility of the situation than we as fans do 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Arsenal and Man City are free hits. A point each against Leicester and Southampton will probably be enough.

Not convinced a point is enough in those games.

I'd say I've been one of the more keen to hold off on getting rid as think could still be turned around, but that wouldn't be enough for me from those games.

I think pre-West Ham I said 7 points from next 6 and he's still ok for me. That's now 7 from next 4, so basically Leicester must win if we get nothing tomorrow and then he's pretty much game by game until has a decent run under his belt.

If he does this, the next target by the winter break is around 20/21 from first 16 games. That's getting us back on course for a 50 point season, which is my minimum expectation.

Might be reading into things to much but he seemed different in his pre match press conference, it’s usually “my self and Johan have worked hard to get these signings across the line and are delighted” today it was “the club have worked hard and credit to them” or something along those lines anyway.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think you're probably right, just because of how things have played out. He should be gone already, but we're waiting for what looks a reasonable amount of time even though the players and the fans have clearly lost faith in him.

I don't know whether it's indecisiveness, concerns about the PR, or misplaced faith in a completely inadequate manager, but the reluctance to pull the trigger promptly will all but write off our season. A costly mistake when we have expensive players like Ings, Digne and Coutinho allegedly in their prime.

We put a lot of investment in to players with the apparent intention of making that big push last season or this season, and there's absolutely no way it's paid off. 

Ye of little faith. Gerrard's gonna pull off an unprecedented turn around in form to have us push for Europe. Beginning tomorrow when Watkins breaks the league record for goals scored in a match with a quadruple hat trick, in the first half.

Now where are my pills.

33 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

I'd say I've been one of the more keen to hold off on getting rid as think could still be turned around, but that wouldn't be enough for me from those games.

I think pre-West Ham I said 7 points from next 6 and he's still ok for me. That's now 7 from next 4, so basically Leicester must win if we get nothing tomorrow and then he's pretty much game by game until has a decent run under his belt.

If he does this, the next target by the winter break is around 20/21 from first 16 games. That's getting us back on course for a 50 point season, which is my minimum expectation.

To improve on Smith (which is what he was brought in to do and he failed last season) we will need to finish at least 10th otherwise he has failed again.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Ye of little faith. Gerrard's gonna pull off an unprecedented turn around in form to have us push for Europe. Beginning tomorrow when Watkins breaks the league record for goals scored in a match with a quadruple hat trick, in the first half.

Now where are my pills.

I thought you misspelled Pep and Haaland but then I saw you didn’t take your pills yet. 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

He only knows what Dijon Dublin has already told him. 

Then again, he marmite be getting his information from someone else. It mayo be someone close to Purslow.

32 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

So 18 points from the next 11 games, or 6 wins in the next 11 games.  Assuming we lose to Man City, which most teams will it’s 6 wins in 10 games.  That’s a big ask especially with our form this calendar year and would be turning relegation form of 3 points in 5 games suddenly to Champions League form of 18 points from 11 games.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Oh they absolutely will unless we lose the next 3 games. If we see the team efforts drop etc..

Gerrard needs to learn from his mistake, the approach that worked at Rangers doesn't work at Villa in the Prem. The league is too intense, too fast and physical. 

He needs to change the system and he needs some luck to pick up a win in the next 3 games. Then has the international break to regroup and get the new system embedded more

that would be purslow and if the case his position needs looking at

Â