Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, BennettVilla said:

Can’t wait to not be able to find this thread because it’s in other football

I literally just came on here hoping to see that and my heart sank just a little seeing it still in Villa Talk.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much as SG deserves stick.

Can't help but feel the club aren't blameless.

It's been a clusterf*ck from multiple angles.

Purslow needs to go as well .He backed this manager and wasted millons on wages on player's with no return .Lange seems to just be there to say we have a SD , Purslow is clearly calling all the shots.This is like Spurs and Nunes except they were smart enough to change course quickly with no lasting damage 

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

I reckon NSWE likely trusted Purslow who was desperate for some Stevie G stardust. 

If he survives the disaster of this appointment then he’s a lucky boy.

I hope you're right, but what worries me are the stories that it was NS that heavily pushed for Henry. The infatuation with former top level pros might go higher than Purslow.

38 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I watched Gerard's post match comments and he was saying that his "messages were not getting through to the players".

He said "we told them that Saka was left footed so show him to his right .... Jesus is right footed so show him to his left .... Martinelli likes to shoot so get out and close him down". 

It struck me how basic his idea of preparing a team of Premier players for a match was. It doesn't seem as though he has much trust in our players at the moment.

Leadership isn’t about what you say, it’s about the reaction you provoke. If I went into that dressing room as the manager and said “win every game 3-0” I could say the message wasn’t getting through… no, it’s your job to get the message through, and he clearly just is not up to it. Absolute joker.

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think that the decision has been made of his departure..

We are waiting after the city game..

That's nor fair on anyone. Lance the boil. 

40 minutes ago, Dale said:

That's nor fair on anyone. Lance the boil. 

I think it's the opposite. There are those who think the boil will get better with time.

After we get monstered by City the boil will be ready to explode, with very few wanting to leave it untouched.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much as SG deserves stick.

Can't help but feel the club aren't blameless.

It's been a clusterf*ck from multiple angles.

Well... they've handed the keys to Gerrard though?

Purslow obviously yes, he's at fault for replacing Dean with him.

They've just thrown all the support behind whatever Gerrard wanted.

No experience of squad building or being a good manager in general and we'll now be paying for it for years.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well... they've handed the keys to Gerrard though?

Purslow obviously yes, he's at fault for replacing Dean with him.

They've just thrown all the support behind whatever Gerrard wanted.

No experience of squad building or being a good manager in general and we'll now be paying for it for years.

This is my worry, we thought the club was building a solid foundation to build on after the Lerner/Xia years. Years of mismanagement, but Gerrard has come in with no tactical knowledge, he said himself  that Beale was the brains. So we are just rudderless with him in charge! 

I bet he's hoping they sack him before the weekend. But he's going to have to endure the ordeal of facing the thrashing by City in front of a bloodthirsty VP crowd. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. 

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I bet he's hoping they sack him before the weekend. But he's going to have to endure the ordeal of facing the thrashing by City in front of a bloodthirsty VP crowd. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. 

He's fortunate it is City.

It could be Forest, they'd be outplaying us and he'd be getting both barrels.

• Like 1

Just now, rbcuk said:

The game Saturday is going to be toxic for him soon as city score the 1st, think we’ll hear we want gerrard out most of the game tbh

I don't think we will to be honest.

Hopefully though so the owners hear it on TV.

Â