Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I'm a simple man, but surely the only way for Gerrard to save his job is to stop repeating the mistakes of the past because there lies madness. He needs to change his ideology to suite the current players at the club and start by utilising all our midfielders correctly, because football games are won and lost in midfield. it is that simple. He had a system, it worked in a shitty league, but in the big boys league it doesn't. So swollow your pride, and change your system.

Caught a bit of that press conference, the bloke is bloody deluded comparing this start with Arsenal last season, at least you could see what they was trying to play, our tactics are pathetic, can’t wait till he’s gone hopefully come Saturday evening he’s gone 

626DA6EF-B28B-4F53-9373-EF7BB4C924F3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Got a feeling he'll be gone after the Man City game, especially if it's a drumming. He is talking like a sleep walking Lambert when his days were finally numbered.

He will as that game is going to be toxic when they score the 1st and it’ll only get worse the more we concede

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Caught a bit of that press conference, the bloke is bloody deluded comparing this start with Arsenal last season, at least you could see what they was trying to play, our tactics are pathetic, can’t wait till he’s gone hopefully come Saturday evening he’s gone 

626DA6EF-B28B-4F53-9373-EF7BB4C924F3.jpeg

He should have compared himself to Nuno at Spurs instead. Sacked after just 10 games and no-one regrets it (except maybe Nuno).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Arsenal played Brentford, Chelsea and ManC in their 3 first matches. We have played Bournemouth, Everton, Crystal Palace and West Ham. It is like comparing apples and oranges. Arsenal starts was only a little bit below what could be expected, our start have been a disaster. Gerrard is clearly just looking for excuses, valid or not.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Got a feeling he'll be gone after the Man City game, especially if it's a drumming. He is talking like a sleep walking Lambert when his days were finally numbered.

If we get humiliated against Arsenal, it may well be the time… away fans will turn and the pressure will be on…

Going to be under severe pressure against City and they will take full advantage… 😬

I fear it’s going to get really ugly and unpleasant unless we take decisive action asap…

Give Critchley a go (while making arrangements with the new guy) -  he can’t be any worse than SG…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Arsenal played Brentford, Chelsea and ManC in their 3 first matches. We have played Bournemouth, Everton, Crystal Palace and West Ham. It is like comparing apples and oranges. Arsenal starts was only a little bit below what could be expected, our start have been a disaster. Gerrard is clearly just looking for excuses, valid or not.

Their bad start also lasted exactly three games. After which they went on a nine game unbeaten run (I think)

It's the absence of tactics that is most worrying. The only thing that's clear is our lack of width. We're not disciplined enough to work that formation effectively. The patterns aren't there, the manager doesn't know his best 11 and rarely seems to effect the game. We're like United under OGS - moments FC.

I think Lange and Purslow are trying to get this to hang on as long as possible, but they're steering us close to a relegation battle in the hopes of a few results. If he lasts to the World Cup I'll be amazed.

Edited by ccfcman

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

City game is scaring me. Has anyone ever scored a hat trick of hat tricks in one game before? 

No...but that goal machine they built called "haaland" is capable of anything if let get into positions.

15 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

“'I'll take it on my shoulders': Steven Gerrard accepts the blame for Aston Villa's poor start …”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11160679/amp/Steven-Gerrard-insists-blame-Aston-Villas-poor-start.html

Don’t need words. Need goals.  

Yet when he says stuff after a match he blames the players. He obviously doesn't think this. Get this scum out the club. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Caught a bit of that press conference, the bloke is bloody deluded comparing this start with Arsenal last season, at least you could see what they was trying to play, our tactics are pathetic,

To be fair, I'm not sure you would've heard many Arsenal fans philosophically agreeing with this at the time. I know phone-ins aren't much to go by, but Arsenal fans were frothing at the mouth speaking about Arteta relegating them if he wasn't sacked.

The one thing I'm looking forward to when SG is gone, is not having to read or scroll past so much invective and name calling. Most of our feelings are pretty clear by now. It's also clear that he's struggling and this opportunity came way too soon.

• Like 1

Â