Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Credit where it is due I have been a mild critic, the Newcastle and Watford games were dreadful but he has turned it around and crucially he has proven not to be stubborn and has amended his tactics. Also  I think he has also told some home truths and the players look to have an extra spring in the step.

If we keep this up and he continues to learn and show flexibility then we are on the right way forward.........until we pay 70 million for Origi :P 

You're fine mate.... you're never too extreme.

It's the Hippopotamus I'm really waiting for to emerge. Lol

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 17:58, R.Bear said:
On 13/02/2022 at 17:46, TheStagMan said:

You are obviously very sure that he will fix this, what do you base this on and how do you believe he will fix it?

Here is your opportunity to take us whitney entitled brats to school. Let's hear your superior thoughts.

Gerrard is the man for the job and I havent changed my opinion. You can keep saying 1 win in 7 but that doesnt tell the whole story but I know you'll respond with "results are all the matters" so we'll leave that there.

He's gotten us out of relegation trouble, he's made some very good signings and we have played very well at times. Yes short bursts and it hasnt come together for 90 minutes yet but give it time.

Because I know what I'm talking about 😎

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

9 scored 0 conceded in the last 3  unbelievable.

Incredible.  9th in the table too. Proving a fantastic appointment so far. And some were calling for purslow and langes head!! We gotta have faith

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Incredible.  9th in the table too. Proving a fantastic appointment so far. And some were calling for purslow and langes head!! We gotta have faith

True implementing a system half way through a season isn’t an easy task.

Love listening to him talk about the game, always to the point, insightful, talks alot of sense

Seems an impressive guy

Whats more impressive, is how he seems to have completely turned around our slump, without changing the midfield and reverting back to both 9's on the pitch which we all thought was never going to work!

Edited by carlitobrigante
  • Like 1

Just now, carlitobrigante said:

Love listening talk about the game, always to the point, insightful, talks alot of sense

Seems an impressive guy

Whats more impressive, is how he seems to have completely turned around our slump, without changing the midfield and reverting back to both 9's on the pitch which we all thought was never going to work!

I agree. Funny that, after the majority of fans ripped into his thick accent when he was announced.

I enjoyed Gerrard refusing to give too many details in the post match interview of how he tactically outclassed the last three futile sides who dared to face the mighty Villa. A lesser manager would have been a giddy idiot and fessed up.

It's all business with Gerrard, loose lips sink ships.

Â