Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

23 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

I agree but who do we replace them with?  Same with Mings, McGinn and a few others.  Looks like project rebuild all over again? 

Difference is the players we’re clearing are saleable assets now.  We could easily raise around £200m but yeah, getting the right replacements is the hard bit.

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

At least his team looks like they have a style of play. We have reverted to using Mings as a playmaker.

Having a style of play doesn't make you a good team and they're below us in the table. Not for me, ta.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Difference is the players we’re clearing are saleable assets now.  We could easily raise around £200m but yeah, getting the right replacements is the hard bit.

Also if they are saleable assets to other PL clubs (presumably) - then the obvious question looms.

I’m not sure if we’d stick with Gerrard in the championship or whether we’d have to revert back to type and get someone who has ‘experience’ of getting out of that league. Will be a tough decision to make.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Oh I’m sorry . Dare I share a non go with the  flo we lost slag off every thing opinion . 

Have an opinion, it’s the shite about bed wetting and prams that makes you sound like you’ve just shit your diaper.

I’m behind Gerrard, by the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Having a style of play doesn't make you a good team and they're below us in the table. Not for me, ta.

Are they below us in the table?

If things stay as they are they won't be.

Either way, I rate Rodgers as a manager. But that also doesn't mean I want Gerrard to be replaced.

Got to at least give him as much of next season as possible.

Edited by jacketspuds

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah people want to buy Watkins, McGinn, Luiz etc.. which is great. Get rid of them and bank proper money too. It's a good position to be in because those 3 players are the problem at this club. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah people want to buy Watkins, McGinn, Luiz etc.. which is great. Get rid of them and bank proper money too. It's a good position to be in because those 3 players are the problem at this club. 

i would add Cash to that list also tbh.

But i agree that Luiz, McGinn, Watkins are not doing well for us.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Good to hear. If i see watkins startung next week im going ti be pissed. I want konsa back too as wasnt impressed with chambers.

tbf mate, i dont think Chambers was any worse than Konsa has been performing recently, however much i like Konsa "normally".

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If they’re saleable assets do we not need to ask why they’re not good enough for us? If McGinn goes to United, Cash to Atletico, Watkins to Arsenal etc. I think it’s fair to say they were good enough for us.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I should probably say that despite personally being on a massive downer about Gerrard and the way we play, I’m very happy to give him all of next season to see what we can do. I’m not encouraged by what I see.

Having said that, I’d replace Cash, Mings, Konsa, Douglas Luiz, McGinn and Watkins. It’s basically an admission that 50% of our team isn’t good enough. 

I need to see some performances for me to be comfortable with that.

Outside of some excellent, backs to the wall early wins, we've been poor under him.

It's probably going to happen anyway, but I'll be very concerned if not much changes and we end the season like this.

Where's the evidence we won't be in a relegation battle.

This is why I really like Gerrard. He handles himself so well in interviews and you really feel he knows what to do. Obviously its about results and the results have been patchy but they were always going to be this season. I expected nothing more than a mid table finish when he was appointed and I think thats where we'll comfortably finish.

I'm genuinely dumbfounded by the negativity in here and it reeks of entitlement and short memories. We have been an absolute joke for most of the the last decade, just because we have money, doesnt mean its an easy turnaround. We should have got relegated in our first season back and we're heading for it again when Smith was sacked. I think next season we'll be a force.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Are they below us in the table?

If things stay as they are they won't be.

Either way, I rate Rodgers as a manager. But that also doesn't mean I want Gerrard to be replaced.

Got to at least give him as much of next season as possible.

They were when I posted!

Leicester haven't had an upheaval or big change to deal with and you'd think that if Brodgers was decent, he'd have them comfortably higher than us at least.

Â