Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Its worse. 

It's as bad as the final few games.

Leeds and today were the same terrible terrible performance.

Leeds just leave holes all over defence because they're crap.

Why should he get to spend £100m in the summer? Convince me.

• Like 1

Wow, we are going backwards. We can’t string a pass together, players seem like strangers and there’s a lack of grit. Steve needs to sort this out quickly..

I think it needs to be said that Newcastle's anti-football had the biggest impact on the game today - they didn't turn up to play, only to disrupt and after they scored they were basically time-wasting all over the place. 

However, it also should be said that like Leeds, Newcastle were able to influence the game a lot more than we were able to and they had a game plan for us, rather than vice versa.

Gerrard has a lot to learn.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Seems to have fallen in to the trap of:

• Pick Watkins no matter how crap he is playing (and we have flippin Ings on the bench!!)
  • Pick McGinn no matter how brainless chickin head he plays.

If i were Ings and Sanson, i would wonder what on earth is going on.

I'd be handing in a transfer request if I were the pair of them. We've treated Ings like shit since he's got here whereas Watkins just walks into the team no matter how bad he plays.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Seems to have fallen in to the trap of:

• Pick Watkins no matter how crap he is playing (and we have flippin Ings on the bench!!)
  • Pick McGinn no matter how brainless chickin head he plays.

If i were Ings and Sanson, i would wonder what on earth is going on.

In danger of just becoming season 2 of Dean Smiths latter days, and they've just killed off the lead character, if it continues anything like today.

I'm dumbfounded.

I actually wasn't confident going into this, but I certainly didn't expect this either!

I’m very anti constantly sacking managers, but I’d be more supportive of him if I could see what the hell he’s trying to do.

Why is Watkins, the single worst striker in the football pyramid who quite literally does NOTHING except break up our attacks, miss, lose the ball and be offside and frankly doesn’t look like he wants to play for us, start every game?

Why is Douglas Luiz taking every set piece when he can never beat the first man?

What actually is the game plan? Is it long ball? Because all I see is play it around dangerously at the back, get Mings to hoof it to Watkins (see above re being the worst striker in the country) and bypass our entire midfield including 3 of the country’s best attacking midfielders.

Nothing makes any sense. There’s no shape, no game plan, nothing. Our players are good enough that we should be able to keep it on the deck and create.

We also seem to have a massive problem with players killing attacks by being greedy. McGinn, Watkins, Douglas Luiz and Ramsey all guilty of that today. Bailey was too before he was injured and Buendia until recently  

This is honestly as bad as anything I’ve seen at Villa in recent years. I can’t really get behind him unless we have some sort of clear plan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hanky said:

Midfield is a glaring problem. The way we play has been found out and there’s no plan b it seems. 

The midfield has been the problem for the last 2 seasons though. It's a joke that we haven't rectified it and instead just signed lots of attacking players, as if that is going to solve the problem.

If anyone thinks we're getting in the top half with McGinn and Luiz starting every week they are either blind or on the piss.

No idea what Gerrard is trying to get us to do, and it's obvious that the players can't do it anyway.

• Like 1

Â