Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Virtually zero. But thats based on the quality he had at his disposal. . Theres lots of talent in the academys everywhere but what we seem to have at the moment are players that can run games. There are 11 good players but out of them 4 or 5 with very high potential celings. Also do not forget Rangers were interested heavily in Caleb Chukwuemeka before he signed here.

I think we need to use them more. These high ceiling players need to show what they can do in games. None have let us down. I think we need to use them because of the need rather than giving them chances. I don’t think we’d lose a lot play JPB instead of El Ghazi, same goes with Chuck and Buendia or Ash when they’re used as CM players. Actually I’d play Chuck as a winger, could do a Grealish there. The sooner we play them the more benefit we’ll get. Look at Ramsey now, he’s been used last season rather than giving chances. We need to make the lack of qualities at certain areas as a strength by playing those. 

For me, anything apart from a relegation battle will consider this season a success. But if we can get out of it with a good teams and some of the academy prospects fullfiled their potentials, then I think it would be the best thing to happen. 
Ofcourse apart from some miracle as going to Europe after this start. 

The last thing we need from Gerrard is to get back to DS when he’s on bad runs, he starts using El Ghazi, Nakamba...etc sometimes even when we’re losing. 

6 hours ago, a m ole said:

Ugh I’ve just watched highlights of him as a player and I think I’ve come round on him in general, used to hate him.

His pashun is infectious.

Is it this one? Watched many a time over the years

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Steve Gerrard Gerrard

He's better than Remi Garde

He'll walk over Frank Lampard 

Steve Gerrard Gerrard 

Actually 

Steve Gerrard Gerrard 

We used to have Remi Garde

Thank god he's not Frank Lampard 

Steve Gerrard Gerrard 

Brilliant!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is he coming as a player? He’s probably been on TV more than most players during his time. I’m sure if you spend the next couple of days carrying out your due diligence I’m sure you’ll find plenty of more damning evidence against his appointment.

He’s our manager now try to take that onboard and be open to what he might bring. At least let’s watch a few games before we form an opinion. Unless you think mistakes made by a footballer during his playing career indicate he’ll be a poor manager? 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

You could say there was a contact with a few of them, he felt it so drew the foul.

Players do it and it's part of the game.

Ashley Young, Stilian Petrov and Greal-hiss were all doing this in their time at Villa.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

We’ve shown plenty of times that at our best we’re a good side. However if we’re not at our best we’re pretty  average and at worst very poor. That’s pretty true of most teams except the very best squads and even then. It’s vital that we try to always be the best we can be, at every level. 

Edited by DaveAV1

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Publicly digging out players works for a while but gets old fast especially when the team needs confidence. Players in Scotland might be impressed because of his reputation but Premier League players will just ignore him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Publicly digging out players works for a while but gets old fast especially when the team needs confidence. Players in Scotland might be impressed because of his reputation but Premier League players will just ignore him

Maybe,  but if they do is that the kind of player we want at the club? If they're not performing, or in this case not even trying to perform, they need telling. And he isn't actually going to walk on to the pitch is he.

I'm sure he'll have handled it privately before it gets to the stage they need calling out in public. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I hope if any of our players take that attitude, they’re quickly moved out of the line up. The money they’re earning I expect them to do as the manager says. Fair enough if he’s going overboard, but giving them a bollocking if they’re not pulling the same as their team mates is to be expected.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We can't gather from a tweet the actual ferocity of the digging out - could just be loosely being used as a way to hold them to account. Which I expect. If they ignore him they'll find themselves ignored right back all the way to the transfer list I should imagine.

• Like 3

Â