The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

At least we wouldn't get relegated and the problems with the defense would get taken care of. But I don't think it would serve our long term plans.

Don't want him anywhere near our club personally. He's poison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wurzel said:

Can I ask why are people mentioning the Saints manager with Villa? He has a very mediocre record at Saints including a couple of 9-0's. Is this just lazy journalism or is it because they beat us? I didn't really rate them  the other night. Cannot see him as a real candidate surely?

Looking at all the candidates on that miserable list, I think RH might be the one that actually works.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He's still one of the top 3-4 managers in the world, regardless of what's happened to him recently.  He requires a dressing room of 3-5 very strong leaders and a lot of money to bring in the players to make his style work, which is why he failed at Man United and Spurs.  If he gets strong consistent backing in the transfer market and patience from the board/fans, he would make us into an established European side. 

That said, there is no way in Hell we'd be able to convince him to join us at the moment. 

We can become his English version of Porto.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Pretty sure Gerrard and Purslow massively clashed at Liverpool so really can’t see it being him. Who it will be, I have no idea. I hope it’s locked in and sorted already, so that we can get things moving quickly. 

You could not be further from the truth , they have remained great friends and had a fantastic relationship at Liverpool - it 100% will be gerrard if he wants the job and I think they are pretty sure he does 

Edited by Eastie

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" 75  souzand pound per week to play a game, you cannot pass to your team mate? I don't care how strong his ass is, anyway better I say nasing "

Who is he talking about?

Ginny....

Great impression btw 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Here we go with the 'No Prem Experience' line. May I remind you that Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel had no premier league experience either. Stop getting hung up on the PL experience b*ll*cks!

Yep, remember the “experts” on here condemning Southampton to relegation when Poch turned up. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

You could not be further from the truth , they have remained great friends and had a fantastic relationship at Liverpool - it 100% will be gerrard if he wants the job and I think they are pretty sure he does 

Fair enough. I stand corrected. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

You could not be further from the truth , they have remained great friends and had a fantastic relationship at Liverpool - it 100% will be gerrard of he wants the job and I think they are pretty sure he does 

My Sunday has gone from bad to worse with that snip bit…what a joke Gerrard coming in…thought we had ambition not just want to be a show pony!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1974Centenary said:

Hypothetical question.....If Klopp were to resign today after their latest loss,do you think Liverpools owners would go for Gerrard?

That's a nice hypothetical. Let them go for Gerrard and then we can have Klopp!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If this is supposed to excite the fan base I fear Purslow has again misjudged the mood music.  Gerrard is not the "significant step forward" that he promised, I would argue its a significant step back.  Rangers to Villa, what a joke!

• Like 2

Just now, Niall said:

Where'a Luiz going?

18 months left on his deal and no talk so far we're in negotiations to extend deal so we'll have to sell next summer if he's not interested in signing a new one as you don't let 30m player out on a free.

Was linked to Roma in the summer and could see teams like Real Betis and Villareal being interested if he became available so think we'll struggle to hold onto him (given I'd say he's been our best outfield player this season) hence why we're going strong on Ward Prowse but might have to wait 12 months to sign him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wurzel said:

If your going for current form it has to be Potter doesn't it? One thing you can say about Brighton they play great football.

Brighton last won a premier league game a week before our last win.

I do think though he's one of those managers with style of football that would translate well higher up the league. Bit like when Rodgers had that season at Swansea who finished 11th or 12th and it works higher up the league aswell.

• Like 1