The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He's now gone into market leader at EVS money (bp) to be next manager.

That will be beacuse of sky footballs Carragher and Redknapp saying the job would be perfect for him as we are huge and willing to invest .

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nothing against Gerrard seems like a good manager. But I dont want another red making moon eyes at Liverpool when they are our manager. It bothered me with Houillier. 

It bothered me as well, but I do sometimes wonder if we're too sensitive to it. 

Ultimately he was an ex manager and was frequently asked about Liverpool. It's not dis similar to JT and Chelsea. The play off final was billed at Lampard Vs Terry because the media want a story.

If Stevie G came, I think he would give his all, we all know one day he wants that Liverpool role but helping us get success would be huge in helping him achieve it.

• Like 3

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I guess the good thing if it was Gerrard is that you’d imagine he would be determined as hell to make an impact and prove he could do it in the premier league.

Not sure i quite get this. I wonder who we could possibly interview that showed a demonstrable lack of interest in doing well.

• Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m going to cry to sleep tonight based on that 😭

They're not the current odds, if they ever were.

PP currently has Gerrard odds-on, Terry and Fonseca tied at 4/1 each, Hjulmand and Potter next. Scott Parker unfortunately is there at 16/1 but then so is Steve Bruce 😂 at 33/1.

The market is a nonsense, nobody knows anything at present 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I wouldn't No Prem experience

Here we go with the 'No Prem Experience' line. May I remind you that Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel had no premier league experience either. Stop getting hung up on the PL experience b*ll*cks!

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

That will be beacuse of sky footballs Carragher and Redknapp saying the job would be perfect for him as we are huge and willing to invest .

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

More because he still has a very close relationship with purslow - the job is gerrards if he wants it and I believe he will take it . 

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

They're not the current odds, if they ever were.

PP currently has Gerrard odds-on, Terry and Fonseca tied at 4/1 each, Hjulmand and Potter next. Scott Parker unfortunately is there at 16/1 but then so is Steve Bruce 😂 at 33/1.

The market is a nonsense, nobody knows anything at present 

I think I’m just depressed at most of the names linked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

More because he still has a very close relationship with purslow - the job is gerrards if he wants it and I believe he will take it . 

I hope he thinks he’s too big for us and turns us down…don’t want him here

• Like 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yeah I think Mourinho is a top manager and has always spoken very respectfully of our club, even when we were at our lowest. I respect others may differ.

He's still one of the top 3-4 managers in the world, regardless of what's happened to him recently.  He requires a dressing room of 3-5 very strong leaders and a lot of money to bring in the players to make his style work, which is why he failed at Man United and Spurs.  If he gets strong consistent backing in the transfer market and patience from the board/fans, he would make us into an established European side. 

That said, there is no way in Hell we'd be able to convince him to join us at the moment. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He has been indeed and I don't think it would be the worst appointment we made.

It would be safe to say he would be coming out of 'the blue'.

No.

For what it's worth, I'm sure you've realised it's Gerrard, you impatient degenerate.  B)

I wonder what makes you think that 😉😁

19 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Apparently Mourinho is not looking secure at Roma, We couldn’t…could we.

At least we wouldn't get relegated and the problems with the defense would get taken care of. But I don't think it would serve our long term plans.

Can I ask why are people mentioning the Saints manager with Villa? He has a very mediocre record at Saints including a couple of 9-0's. Is this just lazy journalism or is it because they beat us? I didn't really rate them  the other night. Cannot see him as a real candidate surely?

11 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Not sure i quite get this. I wonder who we could possibly interview that showed a demonstrable lack of interest in doing well.

Well I mean people doubt the standard of doing it in Scotland so he would have that extra bit beteeen his teeth.

Edited by Tommo_b