Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/21 at 23:59

54 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Has anyone ever explained why Terry and O'Kelly both left? And also: how does Austin McPhee justify a salary?

To be fair Austin McPhee was being praised as having a big influence until we started losing.

53 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I think unfortunately that Dean's time here is coming to a close. Will he get at least another game to see what happens? 50/50 imo on that.

You can tell the body language of the players towards him is just not what you want between a manager and his players; Buendia looked absolutely disgusted that he was taken off. We just look totally bereft of any kind of unity and cohesion with one another and I don't know what the quick fix is.

We have talent on this team, that is not in dispute imo but the stagnant way and unenthusiastic way we are playing does not let us show that.

All discouraging at this point, but I will tune in to the Southampton game and keep the faith as I always do; as fans that's really all we can do.

As always,

UTV

Buendia set up the goal and precious little else. He was taken off because as much as he is our new superstar hero, apparently, we needed to replace a centre back, up to now he has been shite in his own position, not seeing him as a centre bsck

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I haven't said you did say that. That would be ludicrous, (unless your Wes or Nasseff in disguise). You wouldn't put forward a suggestion for the next manager because it isn't your job - yet it also isn't your job to sack the manager but you are more than willing to make that decision. 

I haven't made any decision for anyone, I just expressed my opinion that he should be sacked which I am quite entitled to do thanks!

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Remember when everyone was saying sign a central midfielder? Because, well, we really really needed one. 

We played 70 mins today with Ashley Young and Marvelous Nakamba in midfield. That is absolutely laughable and a sure sign of a team that will be in a relegation battle. 

If you compare this summers window to the one where we signed Cash, Martinez, Watkins etc. it’s night and day. Poor from the club. 

Smith is a dead man walking I’m afraid which is a shame as I really like the bloke. 

Thought those two played ok today, particularly Marvelous. They were better than McGinn for much of the game. 

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Moyes pretty much saying they were only in 2nd gear.

He can go and **** himself, the gollum faced spunkpuddle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I haven't made any decision for anyone, I just expressed my opinion that he should be sacked which I am quite entitled to do thanks!

Give me strength. 

Your opinion is that the board should make the decision to sack Dean Smith. Yet when someone asked who should replace Dean Smith, you said it isn't your job to do that. 

The point I made is that you are happy to think for the board and sack Dean Smith, but not think for the board and suggest a replacement. 

You're angry, and not thinking straight. Let's leave it now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, allani said:

Exactly.  A proper defensive midfielder.  Cover for Targett and Cash.  Three massive holes that we failed to fill.  I can't believe that that is down to the owners not having the funds.  I think that Smith saw them as lower priorities.  He was wrong.

Nakamba had a great game today, sadly a large proportion of fans have decided he is shit and all the positive contributions are ignored if he does one bad pass. Pathetic 

Just now, smg said:

Nakamba had a great game today, sadly a large proportion of fans have decided he is shit and all the positive contributions are ignored if he does one bad pass. Pathetic 

“If he does one bad pass”? He pretty much  gives the ball away every time he gets it and does it in pretty dangerous positions a lot of the time.

Yes, he runs around a lot and wins the ball back but when you can’t pass a ball 5 yards to a teammate it’s pretty pointless.

He benefits from the Birkir Bjarnasson trait of running around like a headless chicken a lot so people think he’s having a great game.

The downgrade from Douglas Luiz to Nakamba is the biggest downgrade in our squad from first team to backup other than Martinez to Jed Steer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gave Nakamba MOTM because he at least looked like he was trying and put himself about. We’ve gone from having a settled side who knew their jobs to looking like a team with no identity. Changed our system to accommodate signings without addressing the midfield issue. We have none or little cover at full backs, basically our summer transfer business has been shambolic. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What am I missing with Cash? I didn't think he had a bad game by any stretch, but I'm surprised with the MotM results, not much of his performance stands out for me

You’re not missing anything mate, fans just thought he was best of a bad bunch. Wouldn’t spend too much time thinking about it.

Edited by WHY

Â