Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Disagree. But that’s the point of opinions! 

Indeed.  Not sure what the pundits in the UK are saying but in Italy they think that the ref showed the wrong defender red but apart from that that he had a decent game.  West Ham were just a lot better than us today.  Unfortunately that is becoming a worrying trend - much like last spring and much of the season before that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matteyp said:

Officiating decided the day and Martinez not at his best.  I look forward to Villa games but to be repeatedly undone by VAR decisions that aren't "clear and obvious" ruins my enjoyment of the game and the team I love so much.

Hause’s was a red card though. 

• Like 1

Gave them the first goal, did well to get back into it with some nice football then gave them the second goal. Then the red card left us without a chance but I wonder what would have happened if Watkins had scored from that header. Clearly they are the better team and are challenging for Europe and even top 4 and we are looking like a bottom half team at best. 

• Like 1

Lacked energy, intensity and organisation. For large swathes of the first half we looked like an away side hoping to hold on for a draw.

Didn’t think West Ham were actually that good but they didn’t need to be. 

@DCJonah and @nick76 are gonna have their work cut out this evening defending Smith in the aftermath of that shit show.

• Like 2

You know your team is average when you're hoping kids like Chukwuemeka or Archer get a look in.

Too many poor signings for the money spent. No match winners. 

Someone deserves a p45 for sure- it's not clear who though. Smith? Lange? Purslow? 

Soft red, but likely would've conceded if Konsa hadn't intervened. Hause should've gone too tbh.

Bailey was anonymous / average. Never looked threatening. 

2 very soft goals in first half.

Smelly attitudes throughout the team.

Hard to watch at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

How are people voting for Nakamba, his dogshit passing **** us over all game contributed to the shambolic red card and broke up our own attacks. Absolutely.**** pathetic

I haven't voted yet, who would you like me to vote for? 

The big thing the ref got wrong was not letting us break when Fornals tackled Nakamba. That was the only time with ten men that we were able to break with pace and support.

The Konsa red is annoying because he hasn't actually impacted Bowen enough to make him fall...but as soon as he goes down we can't argue. Bowen was in the same position for the third and chose to stay up and get a shot off. 

• Like 1

That simply wasn't good enough, irrespective of the ludicrous refereeing. Honestly, it's difficult to understand what we're trying to do out there. Think we need to go back to basics. Keep it simple, pass and move, make the ball do the work. Sure we've had injuries and whatnot, but we now have a proper squad too, so it's not an valid excuse for these poor performances. 

Smith is still very much the man to fix this, but we need a serious reaction next game. 

Also, all this talk of ROK and Terry leaving being the reason we're in a mess right now... please, give me a break. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Big decisions:

Konsa yellow to red (Wrong)

Hause no foul but looked a yellow (wrong)

Fornals yellow should have been a red (wrong) 

Bowen yellow could have been a red (wrong) 

The refs got pretty much everything wrong! 

All of that is arguable but we lost basically because we consistently played poorly against a better organised side who were nowhere near their best but didn’t need to be. We should not try to hide from that fact by focusing on controversial refereeing decisions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Big decisions:

Konsa yellow to red (Wrong)

Hause no foul but looked a yellow (wrong)

Fornals yellow should have been a red (wrong) 

Bowen yellow could have been a red (wrong) 

The refs got pretty much everything wrong! 

Disagree.

Konsa - I agree that should have stayed yellow (if indeed he has committed a foul at all)

Hause was a red card

Fornals was a yellow

Bowen was a yellow

Sorry.  I think that apart from sending off the wrong player - he got the bog decisions right.  Unlike our manager and unlike our players.  We lost because West Ham were the better team.  End of story.

• Like 1

Inept. In all manners of the word. Players & staff. I don’t hate Smith but he has clearly lost the players and the players seem to have lost each other. There’s no unity. It’s a squad of strangers. Worrying times. While not as dire as that season points wise it still has a unfortunately similar feel about it to the relegation season. 

• Like 1

Smith doesn't know his best team, his best formation or his best tactics. He is totally lost without his golden boy Grealish who he has planned everything around for 3 seasons and he is clearly missing his 2 departed coaches. If the guy had any decency he would quit while there is still enough of the season left for a decent manager to get us up the table.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Disagree.

Konsa - I agree that should have stayed yellow (if indeed he has committed a foul at all)

Hause was a red card

Fornals was a yellow

Bowen was a yellow

Sorry.  I think that apart from sending off the wrong player - he got the bog decisions right.  Unlike our manager and unlike our players.  We lost because West Ham were the better team.  End of story.

Again that’s your opinion but I could show you 30 examples of what Bowen did getting a red card. 

The ref/ VAR seemed happy to hurt us. 

• Like 1

Â