Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Referee's performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/21 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Ah come on now. You're not shy at suggesting he should be sacked which is the owners job. 

Why is it that some Villa fans have to ask other Villa fans who should replace the manager? Is that you believe there are no other managers available in the world? Amazing that other teams don't seem to have a problem getting a replacement manager!

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Apparently they were considering sending off both. 

Jesus Christ.

I'd have turned it off 

Said in the match thread I can understand either getting sent off but don't see how you can do both, if you deem Hause a foul then play stops and konsa doesn't deny a goalscoring opportunity 

No precedent for it? Never seen it happen before 

If konsa happens 1st and then Hause smashes the guy off the ball then yep send both off 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm genuinely baffled thjat anyone with an understanding of the "denial of a goalscoring oppurtunity" interpretation could think Konsa shouldn't have had red.

Genuine question, does he actually touch him? I’m yet to see an angle showing whether he does? 

• Like 3

Didn’t expect anything other than a loss tonight. Our confidence was completely blown apart by the last ten mins of the Wolves game and I feared the impact that could have on us going forwards which is proving to be the case. 

I didn’t like the look of the midfield from the off. Guess our hand was forced but as soon as we had to bring Young on you just knew we were dead and buried. Simply not good enough.

Had no game plan at all and we can’t get the beat out of Bailey when he has his back to goal every time he receives the ball. There was no press, no tenacity, no bite, no fight and no quality from us. But if you can’t control the ball and play from the midfield then you invariably lose football matches. Our whole midfield was utterly awful so our front three can’t be any form of a threat as they’re not getting enough time on the ball. Our ball retention had been our biggest Achilles heel all season. We’re much better balanced with Luiz. 

Until we get back to pressing teams high up the pitch then we’re just not going to win anytime soon as thats our only way of winning the ball. Our playing out from the back is absolutely abysmal and we resort to lumping it. 

For me, this was as bad a performance as against Watford. And that day it was clear from the team we put out that we wouldn’t win. 

Not sure where we go from here. Need to grind a win out sometime soon as losing fast becomes a habit. Pressure is on Smith. Was always going to be the case and I always felt this season would be his last. I’ll be amazed if he makes it through to the new year. I hope he does because I think he can turn us around but the owners won’t be too patient, understandably. Always felt it would get worse for us before it gets better and that seems to be the case. 

Focus now feels like it’s to stay up. To do so we need much better application, desire and a game plan and if we can get back to performing well we can hopefully start to look forwards again. Need to stop this rot as soon as we can. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You need to take those Claret & Blue tinted glasses off. Dean Smith and the players decided the day

I actually don't disagree, I think we would have still lost, but let's see it 11 vs. 11.  I'm just frustrated that 2 weeks in a row, it's been questionable VAR decisions.  I like to think that whatever game I was watching, I'd find the decisions questionable.

• Like 1

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Why is it that some Villa fans have to ask other Villa fans who should replace the manager? Is that you believe there are no other managers available in the world? Amazing that other teams don't seem to have a problem getting a replacement manager!

Its not too much to ask though is it? 

If your opinion is that you want him sacked because someone else can do better then who is that someone else? 

• Like 3

Not sure how true but I've been told that Mings was dropped for bullying Cash, and McGinn and Hause stepped in. Again unsure of true or not but worrying that so many rumours of a bad dressing room are surfacing.

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I don't often agree with you but I'm finding it hard to disagree with this.

Summat has changed, the way Buendia stormed off looking like Smith had taken his console off him. The general look of everyone makes it look like an unhappy ship

Yeah, that last thing I expected from a Villa & Dean Smith team is the feeling there is something wrong in the dressing room. I would have had the culture and team bonding as probably Dean's greatest asset. I am really surprised by the talk of disharmony and the vibes we are getting from the players. I genuinely feel sorry for Dean with the way things are going

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

We’re now Stoke from 15 years ago. 

Sit back, hope for a counter and wait for a long throw opportunity. 

All from a manager renowned for playing good football. Where the hell did this good football style stop happening?!?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

We’re now Stoke from 15 years ago. 

Sit back, hope for a counter and wait for a long throw opportunity. 

I don't think we're even that organised if I'm honest. None of our play today indicated we looked to counter attack efficiently. We were all over the shop trying to play out from the back.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Not sure how true but I've been told that Mings was dropped for bullying Cash, and McGinn and Hause stepped in. Again unsure of true or not but worrying that so many rumours of a bad dressing room are surfacing.

Was this source from Twitter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AV82 said:

I don't think we're even that organised if I'm honest. None of our play today indicated we looked to counter attack efficiently. We were all over the shop trying to play out from the back.

Jaysus, I was feeling bad enough having to agree that we are like Stoke of 15 years ago and now you are highlighting that we are not as good as Stoke from 15 years ago. I need a beer

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd have turned it off 

Said in the match thread I can understand either getting sent off but don't see how you can do both, if you deem Hause a foul then play stops and konsa doesn't deny a goalscoring opportunity 

No precedent for it? Never seen it happen before 

If konsa happens 1st and then Hause smashes the guy off the ball then yep send both off 

But play didn’t actually stop until after Konsa’s foul and then there was a VAR review so I guess in fact they both could have been reds. 

I was shocked at Hause’s foul and really do think he should have gone off.

Edited by briny_ear

Â