Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

I kind of get the impression that perhaps almost as much as any game in the three decades I’ve been a villa fan that a sizeable proportion of our fan base would love it if we lost today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

I kind of get the impression that perhaps almost as much as any game in the three decades I’ve been a villa fan that a sizeable proportion of our fan base would love it if we lost today. 

You’re mistaking the fan base for VT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Shame on them then

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Can't agree with this.

Whether you want a new manager or not, why would they want us to lose?

Even if they say it out of frustration, I highly doubt they mean it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Plenty haven’t been slagging him and given that he has survived worse performances in the past, it does suggest that something has gone on behind the scenes. Although I’ve just seen Ashley Preece say he’s been removed from the firing line…maybe he’s been struggling with all the online abuse? 

He may of been getting abuse, it shouldn't be happening that simple but it won't be stopped. This is the world now and if your going to consistently tell fans that we will get it right on social media expect a few horrible people to come out of the wood work and be nasty. Also if your the one making some of those errors it's only going to make matters worse did some of our players not learn from the ghazi situation last season?? There is hate in the world and they have a platform to do it on and if your a player putting yourself on that platform those hateful users are on then it's not going to end well.

I can't stand it myself it should be abolished all this hate but if your making yourself a target then expect to be hit, that's how bully's work as well as extremists. 

Seem to remember a certain dc character (A Butler) saying to Batman "some people just want to see the world burn" those words are true!!

Putting all that to the side I believe mostly it's right to drop Mings because he's not been playing very good at times. Mings should also be dropped because as Pete the Canadian says Smith should not be scared to drop those who fear not being dropped because they know we have no one that can really take there place, not yet at least.

I believe you can drop players regardless for the right reason without all this hateful talk being brought into it. If its happening it should not be period, but let's not make excuses about it all shall we the real reason is simply a couple of players are dropping the ball lately.

I personally don't agree on Mcginn being captain, I think he's been losing to much balls in the midfield and it's been costing us dearly. Trouble has  been starting their further up field and giving balls away so easy, so rewarding him with captaincy seems not right to me.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't agree with this.

Stick around on here and keep an eye out. You will see what I mean. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't agree with this.

I assume the logic is that if we lose a few more games then Dean will be sacked and it is going through the pain now and we will be better for it in the future. I am not quite there yet, I really hope we get 3 points today but I understand the perspective.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Haven't most on here been slagging Mings for ages now

Smith drops him and suddenly there's been a fallout

Give me strength

I haven't watched the last two games, but mings's stats for the those games have been amongst some of the worst he has produced at the club. Maybe he has personal problems, illness or just a bad run of form. No one should be immune to being benched so am not overly concerned. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1