The Best James Bond Theme Songs

maqroll

Had that as quiz question once  … what was the first James Bond theme to reach Number one

Only teams that used their mobiles got  it right !!

View to a Kill for me  

I think if you google it on yahoo you’ll find the theme song that Radiohead wrote but wasn’t used 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Had that as quiz question once  … what was the first James Bond theme to reach Number one

Only teams that used their mobiles got  it right !!

View to a Kill for me  

I think if you google it on yahoo you’ll find the theme song that Radiohead wrote but wasn’t used 

It was Skyfall wasn't it?

My favourite is Chris Cornell but there are loads of great songs along the way.  Die Another Day is by far the worst, it's an absolute scissors abortion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was Skyfall wasn't it?

My favourite is Chris Cornell but there are loads of great songs along the way.  Die Another Day is by far the worst, it's an absolute scissors abortion.

Nope , the theme song  after 

Chris Cornell You Know My Name is the best in years!

also have a soft spot for Tom Jones’ Thunderball and Rita Coolidge’s All Time High.

Sam Smith is almost definitely the worst theme song and to think they passed on a decent Radiohead effort for it too. 

• Like 1

Ace Of Base's rejected Goldeneye theme, anyone?  No?  Fair enough.

I've not heard the most recent ones but surely nothing is worse than Madonna's "effort".

And Live And Let Die is mostly boring but **** me, that big orchestral stab riff is something else.

• Like 1

Worst for me is that Alicia Keys and Jack White one. Christ it’s just horrific to listen to. 

I’ll put You Know My Name as number 1. As you can tell Ive only really watched the Daniel Craig films…

Edited by Spoony
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Ace Of Base's rejected Goldeneye theme, anyone?  No?  Fair enough.

I've not heard the most recent ones but surely nothing is worse than Madonna's "effort".

And Live And Let Die is mostly boring but **** me, that big orchestral stab riff is something else.

So do they request different bands pitch songs?

I thought usually the film music composer wrote the songs and they just invite an artist to come and sing it.

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So do they request different bands pitch songs?

I thought usually the film music composer wrote the songs and they just invite an artist to come and sing it.

Johnny Cash did one for Thunderball, they went with Tom Jones in the end. 

• Thanks 2

Still holds true

On 01/10/2021 at 14:35, Tegis said:

One can put on a compilation of all the themesongs and they are mostly good to great to amazing tunes in their own right and time-period.

With one massive exception. Madonnas abortion of a song to Die another day face-vomiting_1f92e.png

• Like 1

Â