The Best James Bond Theme Songs

maqroll

12 hours ago, Spoony said:

Worst for me is that Alicia Keys and Jack White one. Christ it’s just horrific to listen to. 

I’ll put You Know My Name as number 1. As you can tell Ive only really watched the Daniel Craig films…

Yeah, imagine having the talent of Jack White and Alicia Keys and stuffing it up. It would be harder than making a good one. 

I have soft spots for the Chris Cornell one (I'm a massive Soundgarden and Audioslave fan), the Sheryl Crow one, the Shirley Manson one, and Billie Eilish. I would listen to those if they weren't bond themes.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah, imagine having the talent of Jack White and Alicia Keys and stuffing it up. It would be harder than making a good one. 

I have soft spots for the Chris Cornell one (I'm a massive Soundgarden and Audioslave fan), the Sheryl Crow one, the Shirley Manson one, and Billie Eilish. I would listen to those if they weren't bond themes.

I wonder at what stage Alicia Keys and Jack White were shoehorned in together.  Their vocals didn't blend together well at all.  It would've been fine if either one of them had sung it on their own.

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder at what stage Alicia Keys and Jack White were shoehorned in together.  Their vocals didn't blend together well at all.  It would've been fine if either one of them had sung it on their own.

Exactly what I thought. It wasn't even a harmony, they just sang exactly the same melody. Rubbish.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

As an 80's teen this along with view to a kill are my 2 JB favs. 

'...the livings in the waaaaaayyyyy weeeeee diiiiiiiiiiie'

I always loved the bridge in that song, too.

Edited by HKP90

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Everyone is wrong. Because the best is Tomorrow Never Dies by Sheryl Crow  

Yeah, a good one.

And the film wasn't that bad for a Brosnan either.

Think it's criminal the rubbish scripts he had to deal with. Cheesy nonsense. He could have been a very good Bond.

• Like 1

I will say everything that came after All Time High is, and I am not stuttering, dog shit. Without exception everything that followed has been poor and not fit to soundtrack the film, Adele, Cornell, Duran Duran, all shit, Jack White, Billie Eillish, Tina Turner, all of it wank. Before and including All Time High, all excellent, after, load of bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this has been done before...

the answer is in isolation as a song the best one is nobody does it better from the spy who loved me but then as a theme tune its you only live twice

for me what is quintessential bond is that Barry expertly stripped back the theme tune and applied it to the films main score, the best example of that is the strings in YOLT, the strings in that film are incredible 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Best for me. 

It's a great song. I'll bracket that observation off.

We need to talk about that video. Ah, the mid-80s. Video itself gave me chills of sympathetic embarrassment. Hasn't aged too well lol. Were they forced to make this? "Are they having a laugh?" kept ringing in my head in the voice of David Brent. I forgot all the Taylors in that band. Jeez. Do any of them including all the Taylors come out of that video not looking diminished as musical artists? Even the overly arch "Bon, Simon LeBon" ending doesn't cut it today. It seems hammy. I think, well, it's all just satire, of course, obviously ... but I don't know. Nick Rhodes looks a little too damn sincere and skilled in channeling a pretentious photographer whose eardrums get blown . John Taylor seems for a long time to be maintaining an air of dignity, but even that gets shattered and he winds up looking startled and awkward. There was no way for the band members to play it serious for the music video, of course not, but how cringe it all feels somehow. I feel protective of my inner Duran Duran 15 year old fan, and I don't think he should see this one. 😁 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Ace Of Base's rejected Goldeneye theme, anyone?  No?  Fair enough.

I've not heard the most recent ones but surely nothing is worse than Madonna's "effort".

And Live And Let Die is mostly boring but **** me, that big orchestral stab riff is something else.

Truly awful. I love Ace of Base, too, but it makes sense this missed.

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Never liked either of them myself, but together, it's a meltdown of awful.

5 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

As an 80's teen this along with view to a kill are my 2 JB favs. 

Nice song, but a Bond song?

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah, a good one.

And the film wasn't that bad for a Brosnan either.

Maybe his best. Having a media mogul supervillain was interesting and fresh, too.

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I will say everything that came after All Time High is, and I am not stuttering, dog shit. Without exception everything that followed has been poor and not fit to soundtrack the film, Adele, Cornell, Duran Duran, all shit, Jack White, Billie Eillish, Tina Turner, all of it wank. Before and including All Time High, all excellent, after, load of bollocks.

Now don't hold back there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â