Energy Bills

Genie

• 1 month later...

Mine and the wife's car insurance has gone up around £60, consisering we have no offences, both over 60 and live in a good postcode, it's **** disgraceful.

I can guarantee something else as well - petrol/diesel prices will NEVER come down, just like they didn't when the first Gulf War sent it over £1 a litre for the first time.

Gas and electric likewise, will never come down to previous levels. They take us for words removed and we put up with it.

• Like 1

Diesel at Sainsbury Ventura Park 154.9

Diesel at Tesco Blythe Valley 161.9

Every little certainly helps your bosses Tesco, you robbing words removed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Diesel at Sainsbury Ventura Park 154.9

Diesel at Tesco Blythe Valley 161.9

Every little certainly helps your bosses Tesco, you robbing words removed.

I just filled up 157.9 at Morrisons. Not even shocked anymore. Supermarkets often more expensive than independents now.

The other good news is that energy bills are predicted to increase in January.

48 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Mine and the wife's car insurance has gone up around £60, consisering we have no offences, both over 60 and live in a good postcode, it's **** disgraceful.

What's that as a percentage? I'm not due to renew just yet, but my office has gone up, £300, more than doubled. Like you, no reports, no changes in circumstances..

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I can guarantee something else as well - petrol/diesel prices will NEVER come down, just like they didn't when the first Gulf War sent it over £1 a litre for the first time.

Gas and electric likewise, will never come down to previous levels. They take us for words removed and we put up with it.

Becoming one of the most corrupt countries in the world now.

I think ill be outta here in next 5-10 years. Ive already become a Cypriot citizen got my passport so i can now travel and live anywhere in the EU. 

As you say treat us like **** mugs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think ill be outta here in next 5-10 years. Ive already become a Cypriot citizen got my passport so i can now travel and live anywhere in the EU. 

Unless I am very much mistaken, I didn't think Cyprus is part of the Schengen zone. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Unless I am very much mistaken, I didn't think Cyprus is part of the Schengen zone. 

We are joining imminently . Bulgeria and Romania are the others

By time/ if i leave uk we will be

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Obvioulsy sold Fuel to cheap the last couple of months, sneakily gone up 30p a litre most places, disgusting really.

Filled up at a random Shell station today, guy got me to pay on the paypoint card machine (the one to pay household bills), nothing wrong with the normal one, they are all on fiddle. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Shenghen zone is passport free travel, just being in the EU allows free movement of travel and labour. So having the passport is what matters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Shenghen zone is passport free travel, just being in the EU allows free movement of travel and labour. So having the passport is what matters.

Correct.

I was also reading from next year British passport holders have to pay i think its £7 when travelling to another EU state (similar to esta/visa like states) valid for 3 years

I wont havw to pay that now either

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

What's that as a percentage? I'm not due to renew just yet, but my office has gone up, £300, more than doubled. Like you, no reports, no changes in circumstances..

Mine was under £200 last year for the first time I can remember.

Didnt last long. 😡

On 04/10/2023 at 15:14, Demitri_C said:

Crazy thing is, the UK is probably one of the least corrupt countries in the world. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2023 at 14:01, rjw63 said:

I think mine was up a similar amount. It came down by the same amount the year earlier. Insurance for everything is rocketing now though :( 

Just now, Xela said:

I think mine was up a similar amount. It came down by the same amount the year earlier. Insurance for everything is rocketing now though :( 

Robbing words removed the lot of em

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Crazy thing is, the UK is probably one of the least corrupt countries in the world. 

We don't need to be. Our laws make all the corruption legal. This is what happens when you don't have a proper revolution for 1000 years. There has been no reset for the common people.

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

What's the metric?

CPI - corruptions perception index.

Has UK number 18 in a list of 180 countries/states. Beat the French again :) 

Edited by Xela

2 hours ago, Xela said:

CPI - corruptions perception index.

Has UK number 18 in a list of 200 countries/states. Beat the French again :) 

Kinda like an opinion poll. it's measuring what organisations perceive corruption in the public sector to be. Corporate corruption / private sector corruption doesn't even get considered. The creator of it no longer works for the organisation responsible for it citing the way it was used to corrupt peoples perceptions.

Â