Energy Bills

Genie

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I've had the oven on, the grill on, food ready, chargers available, loud music and lights and everything ready for the best party ever and not one of you turned up.

Not one.

You didn't notice me looking through your windows with binoculars from over the road then? 

It really bothers me that not everybody benefits from this kind of thing. Surely if there's an excess of power being generated then the whole country should benefit from it.

It's just all so totally messed up isn't it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Good grief, tomorrow is even better! Hours of negative prices, as low as -9p/kWh!!!

Get the Christmas lights out! 

• 1 month later...

Ofgem lowers the proce cap £150 but prices stay high because of the bullshit standing charge. 

Director of Ofgem was just on the telly box, when asked if Ofgem are of any use anymore the director answered, "we make sure the bills go down as quick as they go up".

So I guess **** all.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ofgem lowers the proce cap £150 but prices stay high because of the bullshit standing charge. 

Director of Ofgem was just on the telly box, when asked if Ofgem are of any use anymore the director answered, "we make sure the bills go down as quick as they go up".

So I guess **** all.

What he meant to say was "how else do I get my kickbacks from the big companies".

We are told this country isn't corrupt, but our laws make it so they don't have to be. They can legally shaft is, and do every **** day.

Diesel at Tesco Solihull up from 144.9 to 152.9 in the space of around four weeks.

words removed.

Not just them though, seems to be across the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Diesel at Tesco Solihull up from 144.9 to 152.9 in the space of around four weeks.

words removed.

Not just them though, seems to be across the board.

Asda and sainsburys deisel in Wolverhampton up from £1.31 to £1.48 in 3 weeks. 😮

The government leaned on them and asked them to explain the prices, and the gap between petrol and diesel. Prices then miraculously came down.

Fast forward a couple of months and the prices are back up again. Absolute cretins.

• Like 2

Europe has been aiming to have gas storage reserves as 90% full by Oct 31st ready for the winter season. They just hit 90% full by end of August, so hopefully that should mean stable gas prices during winter assuming a mild winter like last time.     

Errrm except the UK which doesn't really have much storage facilities for gas as we closed most of them down over the last 20 years.

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Errrm except the UK which doesn't really have much storage facilities for gas as we closed most of them down over the last 20 years.

Saved a ton of money though.  You must have noticed the big drop in your tax payments from the savings?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

The government leaned on them and asked them to explain the prices, and the gap between petrol and diesel. Prices then miraculously came down.

Fast forward a couple of months and the prices are back up again. Absolute cretins.

I agree absolute scum 

Â