Energy Bills

Genie

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ender4 said:

New fixed rate deal out - EDF Energy - Essentials 1yr Mar 25 v6. It's 18% lower than the price cap.

MSE says good to move to this if currently on the price cap rates with no penalty to move. 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/are-there-any-cheap-fixed-energy-deals-currently-worth-it/#deals

Signed up for this as it is actually cheaper than my current provider.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Genie said:

With the escalation in the middle East tonight it might be an idea to lock in a deal, just in case…

FYI - there seems to be another cheaper British Gas energy fix that has come up…

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

FYI - there seems to be another cheaper British Gas energy fix that has come up…

This one?

Fixed Tariff 12M v2

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah - was about a £28 saving for me. Might be worth looking at if you’re not on it? 

Cheers, about £25 saving 

• Like 1

Looks like some new British Gas fixed tariffs are available. 

The Fixed Tariff 12M v3 is a £29 saving projected for me. This new tariff might be worth looking at if you're with British Gas @Genie

There is also another one called Fixed Lighter 12M v2 that seems to have lower standing charges but higher cost per unit but projected not to save as much for me anyway but still £17. Might be worth considering.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Looks like some new British Gas fixed tariffs are available. 

The Fixed Tariff 12M v3 is a £29 saving projected for me. This new tariff might be worth looking at if you're with British Gas @Genie

There is also another one called Fixed Lighter 12M v2 that seems to have lower standing charges but higher cost per unit but projected not to save as much for me anyway but still £17. Might be worth considering.

Thanks again mate. I’ll jump on that 12m v3 as it’s another saving of £27 👍

I notice they have also reduced the exit fees from £75 to £50 for moving to another supplier.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Noticed fuel creeping up again for hardly any reason. Around £1.55 a litre now, although a Shell by me which usually is average is £1.68 😮

I suspect petrol stations are trying to cause some panic due to tensions in the middle east.

I think I read that there was actually a drop in oil price after Iran launched their missiles but it hasn’t stopped a little bit of piss taking by the petrol stations. The fuel in the pumps now will have been purchased months ago.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I suspect petrol stations are trying to cause some panic due to tensions in the middle east.

I think I read that there was actually a drop in oil price after Iran launched their missiles but it hasn’t stopped a little bit of piss taking by the petrol stations. The fuel in the pumps now will have been purchased months ago.

Crude prices went up with the Israel - Iran thing kicking off

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Crude prices went up with the Israel - Iran thing kicking off

News on the 17th reported oil prices dropped 3% 

• Oil prices are down for the third consecutive day after Iran's attack against Israel.

News from today further drops

Oil prices fell on Monday, dragged down by a renewed focus on market fundamentals as Israel and Iran played down the risks of an escalation of hostilities in the Middle East, after Israel’s apparently small strike on Iran.

I think their was a pre-attack ”premium” but since then it has been downward.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

News on the 17th reported oil prices dropped 3% 

News from today further drops

I think their was a pre-attack ”premium” but since then it has been downward.

Not disagreeing but to be honest pump prices haven't changed near around me anyway

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not disagreeing but to be honest pump prices haven't changed near around me anyway

They have crept up here too. From about 150p to 154p over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

They have crept up here too. From about 150p to 154p over the weekend.

My pair of indicative petrol stations are still at £1.49.9 for diesel (as they have been for about 6 weeks minimum.

Tbh I've not been looking at unleaded prices for a while

45 minutes ago, bickster said:

My pair of indicative petrol stations are still at £1.49.9 for diesel (as they have been for about 6 weeks minimum.

sheo-poison.gif

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Proves then it's just petrol stations taking the piss then. I have seen £1.49, but mostly around £1.54 at supermarkets up to £1.68 for shell Essos. 

Was around £1.40 a couple of months back, oil has gone further down in price, but fuel costs have gone up.

Diesel this is.

Â