January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I can see the logic in not spending too much in the end this window. We need to book a profit for this season for FFP. We'll then bank sales of Trez, AEG, Guilbert, Targett in summer which will give us a nice profit vs their remaining amortisations. This will mean a sizable amount to spend on new signings. CB and CDM being the two key areas we need to go and sign better than we have and again ramping up competition for places in the starting side

We already have a huge profit from an accounting perspective for this financial window as a result of the sale of Jack. We could probably spend another 250m on players and still be in profit for this season. Not spending now will not impact our ability to invest in the summer, it is three and four years down the road when we will be able to realise the benefit of not spending now on future sales

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Why so serious?

Just a couple of amusing tweets/memes 😆

Not really laughing at them (although I do despise a large portion of their fanbase) and I agree with you in general but…

lighten up dude!

Anyway, it’s time to show what we are made of and make the best of the remaining games.

I hope this break really helps us and the players return reenergised and revitalised, SG will work them hard and getting valuable time in training with them, it really is up to/on the players to prove their worth to him as he clearly means business and wants to progress us as much as possible.

I expect a busy and eventful off season, we aren’t messing around.

I am not blaming you in particular but I get really annoyed at some Villa fans trying to wind up Arsenal as if they are our rivals or some joke team yet I think we havent finished above them in about 30 years

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate in what world are we going to get 60m for those 3? Aeg is likely gone on a free in the summer. Trez has a year to go so we’ll be lucky to get anything.

Targett if has a good end to the season I reckon we could get a decent fee for.  If he stayed with us and sat on the bench for the next 4 months like many would have preferred then we wouldnt have got much for him either.

Cash is being reported to be going for 40m. Targett wont go for less than 20m thats 60m alone. Trez and aeg i agree will go for lower fees but i would imagine between them it will be close to 10m

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cash is being reported to be going for 40m. Targett wont go for less than 20m thats 60m alone. Trez and aeg i agree will go for lower fees but i would imagine between them it will be close to 10m

Who will sign Targett for 20 million? I like the guy but we have plummeted his transfer value yesterday. Unless he turns into Roberto Carlos at Newcastle we be lucky to get back our 14 million 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Did anyone have a better January window than us?

To bring in Digne, Coutinho, Olsen and Chambers, all for a total £27m, plus a highly rated young CB in Smith, is fantastic business.

We also recouped some of it from the vast number of loans, and that's without Trezeguet leaving.

To make a profit in a season where we've signed Bailey, Buendia, Ings, Young as cover, as well as those mentioned above, is incredible.

Our squad is so much better, even when we've made a profit.

Great stuff.

A bit too soon to say we've had a great window. Still big question marks on Coutinho(who we only got on a loan) and to a lesser extent Digne. Olsen and Chambers are cover signings who might not play much if at all. Lastly, clubs are always signing highly rated youth prospects, most of them don't really pan out. At this point, I'm indifferent on the Smith signing.

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am not blaming you in particular but I get really annoyed at some Villa fans trying to wind up Arsenal as if they are our rivals or some joke team yet I think we havent finished above them in about 30 years

They are rivals. They compete in the Premier League and so do we.
We've also beat them regularly in recent times but yeah, they've been a lot more successful than we have in the PL era.

On the other hand, **** Arsenal. One of the scum 6, bloated with plastic fans... I couldn't care less what they think.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apologies mate I didn’t see Cash for some reason! Agree we would get decent money for him. 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Who will sign Targett for 20 million? I like the guy but we have plummeted his transfer value yesterday. Unless he turns into Roberto Carlos at Newcastle we be lucky to get back our 14 million 

Where’s the logic in that mate? Having him on the bench for the next 4 months is what would plummet his value wouldn’t it? Or you are saying the less he is seen playing the more a club might spend on him? ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where’s the logic in that mate? Having him on the bench for the next 4 months is what would plummet his value wouldn’t it? Or you are saying the less he is seen playing the more a club might spend on him? ;)

us showing we have no interest in keeping him around will show teams they can bid low for him come the summer. Unless he stars for Newcastle then we wont get the money back

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

us showing we have no interest in keeping him around will show teams they can bid low for him come the summer. Unless he stars for Newcastle then we wont get the money back

Come on mate, I think club’s can find out if a player is available for sale or not regardless of whether they are sitting on the bench or being loaned out. 

I didn’t see Lingard going on the cheap after a successful loan spell at West Ham. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on mate, I think club’s can find out if a player is available for sale or not regardless of whether they are sitting on the bench or being loaned out. 

I didn’t see Lingard going on the cheap after a successful loan spell at West Ham. 

I think you have misunderstood my point. Lingard had a successful spell so his price actually went up and thats why he cant get out of United

Fact is we gave Targett to Newcastle for the lowest possible value shows that buying teams in the summer wont pay the 20 million some are suggesting for him. We will be lucky to get half unless he has a brilliant loan spell

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think you have misunderstood my point. Lingard had a successful spell so his price actually went up and thats why he cant get out of United

Fact is we gave Targett to Newcastle for the lowest possible value shows that buying teams in the summer wont pay the 20 million some are suggesting for him. We will be lucky to get half unless he has a brilliant loan spell

But that doesn’t make sense to me mate. If United hadn’t loaned Lingard out he would have sat on United’s bench and most likely gone on the cheap in the summer. But because he was actually playing and showing his worth his value increased. United didn’t want him regardless, they just wanted more money for him after he played well.

If he does well at Newcastle we get a good price. If he stayed at Villa and didn’t play why would anybody pay decent money for him when he can’t even get in to our team ?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate in what world are we going to get 60m for those 3? Aeg is likely gone on a free in the summer. Trez has a year to go so we’ll be lucky to get anything.

Targett if has a good end to the season I reckon we could get a decent fee for.  If he stayed with us and sat on the bench for the next 4 months like many would have preferred then we wouldnt have got much for him either.

No way AEG or Trez go on free's this summer. They're on 30k a week here so are not on any kind of prohibitive wages that would put off suiters from other leagues. They have shown enough talent in the Premier League to be valuable signings to other clubs. AEG to Italy, Spain or another Prem club for £6-8m is a good buy, his Penalty prowess is an added positive to teams who have a bad conversion rate. We got £6m for Samatta after all.

Targett is 20m player. Proven Prem defender and will do well at Newcastle. Plus we save on all three's wages + get whatever loan fee's.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

No way AEG or Trez go on free's this summer. They're on 30k a week here so are not on any kind of prohibitive wages that would put off suiters from other leagues. They have shown enough talent in the Premier League to be valuable signings to other clubs. AEG to Italy, Spain or another Prem club for £6-8m is a good buy, his Penalty prowess is an added positive to teams who have a bad conversion rate. We got £6m for Samatta after all.

Targett is 20m player. Proven Prem defender and will do well at Newcastle. Plus we save on all three's wages + get whatever loan fee's.

I thought his contract expired in the summer.