January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Oh my god! I am speechless on that, feel sorry for him and disgusted at him at the same time especially the Champions League Final.  I mean it’s not as if he was rushing home either, he was in Barcelona.

Yeah - there's definitely no direct trains from Barcelona to Surrey at that time of night.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

Finally, I’m disappointed we have let Targett go to Newcastle. I think that makes us weaker overall and strengthens a rival. 

I don't know if I'm that disappointed about him leaving. He wouldn't see much time, and Ashley Young is a more than capable backup until the end of the season (at which point Targett will be back). But I agree with the part about strengthening a rival...why to Newcastle? Absolutely every team in the league should want to see them go down. They're going to spend their way to the top eventually. If they get relegated, it buys everyone more time to cope with threat.

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m delighted with our window but I’m bitterly disappointed we haven’t sorted the DM position.  

I can’t be more impressed with the players we’ve brought in and the contract extensions, easily an 8 out of 10 window.

Missing out on getting a DM I don’t think was the right thing by the club.

I'd be more disappointed about missing out on a DM if it had been a summer window. Although this was a particularly active January window, January is usually a hard time to get things done. So, using January standards, give this window 4 out of 5 stars in my book.

Edited by TomC

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Has it SLAMMED shut yet?

There is still some time yet for The FA to find a fax left on a forgotten fax machine in a darkened corner of the office. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

in-before-the-lock-gif-8.gif

Yep, you are definitely in before the thread locks in 28 days. Well done! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is still some time yet for The FA to find a fax left on a forgotten fax machine in a darkened corner of the office. 

Yeah I mean if you're a scum 6 club you've probably got until Friday. 

Yeah I'm still pissed off about Arshavin

Edited by VillaJ100

Time to focus on finishing the season well. Hope we go on a good run, rack up the wins and get to see something approaching the best of some players who maybe haven’t been able to shine yet or hadn’t had the opportunity due to injuries etc. 

Until the next time (really looking forward to it!):

spacer.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I employ the help of a caravan piss pot on the fireplace in my bedroom which means I only have to get up piss in it rather than traipsing into the bathroom four or five times a night. It has improved my sleep no end and as you don’t properly wake up whereas the trip to the toilet would take 10 minutes or so to get back to sleep each time

Feck me. How big is your house?

47 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah I mean if you're a scum 6 club you've probably got until Friday. 

Yeah I'm still pissed off about Arshavin

Are we not trying to be one of the apparent 'scum six'. What will your view be if NSWE are successful with buying their way (450m in a few year) and using FFP loopholes (selling Villa Park) and we manage to join the top tier in the PL?

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

1 hour ago, TomC said:

6 hours ago,  nick76 said: 

I’m delighted with our window but I’m bitterly disappointed we haven’t sorted the DM position.  

I can’t be more impressed with the players we’ve brought in and the contract extensions, easily an 8 out of 10 window.

Missing out on getting a DM I don’t think was the right thing by the club.

I'd be more disappointed about missing out on a DM if it had been a summer window. Although this was a particularly active January window, January is usually a hard time to get things done. So, using January standards, give this window 4 out of 5 stars in my book.

I’m torn. Do I give it an 8 out of 10 or a 4 out 5 stars. Let me call an accountant really quick.

🧐

• Haha 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'll laugh at Arsenal when we're above them in the table, not 10pts adrift.

Why so serious?

Just a couple of amusing tweets/memes 😆

Not really laughing at them (although I do despise a large portion of their fanbase) and I agree with you in general but…

lighten up dude!

Anyway, it’s time to show what we are made of and make the best of the remaining games.

I hope this break really helps us and the players return reenergised and revitalised, SG will work them hard and getting valuable time in training with them, it really is up to/on the players to prove their worth to him as he clearly means business and wants to progress us as much as possible.

I expect a busy and eventful off season, we aren’t messing around.

• Like 2