January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Bloody hell, Aubameyang is a permanent deal on a free transfer. He cost Arsenal a hell of a lot of cash.

So Arsenal have only two forwards now and both are out of contract in the summer. If Ollie has a good second half of the season he could be off to Arsenal in the summer (for a very healthy profit)

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

A very good friend of mine (Utd fan) was at the '99 CL final against Bayern in Barcelona and left early and missed both Sheringham's and OGS's goalsย ๐Ÿคฃ

Oh my god! I am speechless on that, feel sorry for him and disgusted at him at the same time especially the Champions League Final. ย I mean itโ€™s not as if he was rushing home either, he was in Barcelona.

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

one player in about 5 years, we've got more loans than Natwest

But most of our players were either loans or too old or just crap. We have completely changed that now and have a squad that will command transfer fees when they leave. Great turnaround by Purslow

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh my god! I am speechless on that, feel sorry for him and disgusted at him at the same time especially the Champions League Final. ย I mean itโ€™s not as if he was rushing home either, he was in Barcelona.

It was 22 years ago and he still gets grief about it. He brought his, then 14 year old son to the game too. He lives in Dublin and is a bloody double season ticket holder for O/T. He is mad about Utd. I am with u, I just don't get the mentality of leaving a game early.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Bloody hell, Aubameyang is a permanent deal on a free transfer. He cost Arsenal a hell of a lot of cash.

So Arsenal have only two forwards now and both are out of contract in the summer. If Ollie has a good second half of the season he could be off to Arsenal in the summer (for a very healthy profit)

I just get the feeling Ollie will be off, something isnโ€™t right. ย I loved him last season but this season hasnโ€™t been right for whatever reason. ย Maybe his head has turned. ย It wouldnโ€™t surprise me if both Ollie and Danny left in the summer to be honest, I can see flaws in both of them to fit Gerrardโ€™s style. ย Both excellent strikers and we are lucky to have them but something doesnโ€™t feel right. ย I get the same feelings about Dougie leaving. ย Iโ€™m probably wrong but I think it could be a big summer of transfers in and out.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

They forgot Kerr Smith, We Paid couple million for him from Dundee United so should also be referencedย 

Hes clearly not a signing for the immediate first team and will be playing u23s so I think itโ€™s fairly understandable not putting him on. Iโ€™m sure they didnโ€™t just forget him.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think Watkins to Arsenal is a genuine concern in the summer.

Yeah Iโ€™m not as worried now as I was six months ago. ย I love him to death but if he goes Iโ€™m not concerned and think we could replace him comfortably with the money weโ€™d get for him.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I just get the feeling Ollie will be off, something isnโ€™t right. ย I loved him last season but this season hasnโ€™t been right for whatever reason. ย Maybe his head has turned. ย It wouldnโ€™t surprise me if both Ollie and Danny left in the summer to be honest, I can see flaws in both of them to fit Gerrardโ€™s style. ย Both excellent strikers and we are lucky to have them but something doesnโ€™t feel right. ย I get the same feelings about Dougie leaving. ย Iโ€™m probably wrong but I think it could be a big summer of transfers in and out.

I think Doug will sign a new contract and stay, I see Ollie off in the summer and Ings staying and playing a bit part role to maintain his fitness and being a really good sub / backup and adding great experience to the dressing room and a brilliant striker to help develop Archer and others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Unfortunately I wake up at least 3 times a night for a piss, so Iโ€™ll go to bed at my normal time but check my notifications in the loo during my 01:00 we breakย ๐Ÿคฃ

Are you a fellow middle aged man by any chance my friend? If so, I greet you soul brother.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Are you a fellow middle aged man by any chance my friend? If so, I greet you soul brother.

Sadly so. The youth of today donโ€™t wants in store from them in 20yrs or soย ๐Ÿคฃ