January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I can't believe the club haven't offered him a decent contract yet..... I would assume it is the player who doesn't want to commit

Maybe the club want to see where we are in the summer and see how he fits in with Gerrard. If and a big if, we qualify for Europe and look like the next team to threaten the top 4 then Dougie may be easier to sign to a long term deal or maybe Gerrard might feel he wants to upgrade him

1 hour ago, dappadan said:

So we can't loan Januzaj?

There is a chance we could get rid of Coutinho before the window ends if Januzaj becomes available. We would take a financial hit but when certain opportunities in life present themselves u have to do everything possible to seize the moment and make it happen

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Gomez , for me I'd welcome this one.

I put myself through a Liverpool podcast earlier today to see what the Liverpool fans thought of this one, my god it was a tough listen.

So the podcast had the Irish guy I think we all remember from the 7-2 plus another irish guy ( as another Irish man this was highly embarrassing to realise our education system had produced these two gentlemen), so it began how it's probably a good move for all three parties, ok ya I'm agreeing. Then they say he walks into villa team as best CB at club, hmm I'm not sure. But then they started quoting price, get ready,

50million

No didn't make mistake he said,

50 million.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Liverpool isn’t a club to buy players from at sensible prices. We could (and should) sign Botman for £13-15m less and he actually would be the best CB at the club. 

Gomez is far from being the world beater Liverpool fans claim and I don’t think we’ll be getting him. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

Liverpool isn’t a club to buy players from at sensible prices. We could (and should) sign Botman for £13-15m less and he actually would be the best CB at the club. 

Gomez is far from being the world beater Liverpool fans claim and I don’t think we’ll be getting him. 

Agree on Botman 100%

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Maybe the club want to see where we are in the summer and see how he fits in with Gerrard. If and a big if, we qualify for Europe and look like the next team to threaten the top 4 then Dougie may be easier to sign to a long term deal or maybe Gerrard might feel he wants to upgrade him

I highly doubt that, the lad is a very saleable player, even if you thought you might move him on you would sign him on a longer deal just to get a higher price.

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Gomez , for me I'd welcome this one.

I put myself through a Liverpool podcast earlier today to see what the Liverpool fans thought of this one, my god it was a tough listen.

So the podcast had the Irish guy I think we all remember from the 7-2 plus another irish guy ( as another Irish man this was highly embarrassing to realise our education system had produced these two gentlemen), so it began how it's probably a good move for all three parties, ok ya I'm agreeing. Then they say he walks into villa team as best CB at club, hmm I'm not sure. But then they started quoting price, get ready,

50million

No didn't make mistake he said,

50 million.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Laughable, he would be our third best centerback (to be clear I think he would be a good addition).

Transfermarkt has him at 25M euros (same price as Ezri & 8M less than Tyrone), which sounds a bit more realistic.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/joe-gomez/profil/spieler/256178

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Laughable, he would be our third best centerback (to be clear I think he would be a good addition).

Transfermarkt has him at 25M euros (same price as Ezri & 8M less than Tyrone), which sounds a bit more realistic.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/joe-gomez/profil/spieler/256178

In reality is he any much better than Hause? I don’t think so from what I’ve seen of him

• Like 1

I think we’ll get one or two more over the line before end of business Monday.  Just a feeling that a DM and a CB incoming, it’s just who?

No doubt we have plan A, a Plan B and possibly a Plan C. Interesting few days ahead and at least something to focus on without a game this weekend.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think we’ll get one or two more over the line before end of business Monday.  Just a feeling that a DM and a CB incoming, it’s just who?

No doubt we have plan A, a Plan B and possibly a Plan C. Interesting few days ahead and at least something to focus on without a game this weekend.

We definitely need another CB otherwise it would be insane letting Tuanzebe go.

DM we don't necessarily need to sort until the summer, but would be great if we could get one of our main targets in.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

No doubt we have plan A, a Plan B and possibly a Plan C. Interesting few days ahead and at least something to focus on without a game this weekend..

Both of those positions are not ones we should be buying back ups for as in players who are never going to be more than back ups. If we weren’t maxed out on loans, I’d be happy to loan a back up CB but seeing as we have to buy, we need to be investing it in a youngster who can be pushing to make the position his own in a year or so. Another Konsa basically. The DM needs to go straight in now so need to spend money on this one. I fear the Bentancur signing is faltering. I hope that Gerrard sticks to his guns and if he can’t get the players he wants just waits until summer. 

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We definitely need another CB otherwise it would be insane letting Tuanzebe go.

DM we don't necessarily need to sort until the summer, but would be great if we could get one of our main targets in.

Wasn’t our choice. United recalled him and loaned him to Napoli instead as we weren’t playing him. The club wanted him to stay, they didn’t want to be in this situation. 

Pre injury Gomez was arguably England's best centre half, or on the way to being that. Where he is now is hard to say. If he was the same player, we'd have no chance and wouldn't be talking about him I suppose.

• Like 1

If we get Bentancur we need to go all out in summer for a top CB a Gomez level player who has won things and is still young. If Luiz is to go we can replace him with Bissouma if we can as it seems we'll retain interest in him. 

KKH should go on loan to Championship and then hopefully be ready for taking on Cash for the starting spot at RB and we have a squad to really challenge the top 6. Especially of Archer comes back having scored 8 or 9 goals for Preston