January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

that's stupid. surely a game should be played feb 5th. makes complete sense. the burnley game was never supposed to be on TV so that one is the obvious choice, sat 3pm

I agree but I’m pretty sure that’s the way it works, I’m guessing it’ll be rescheduled for March or something.

Good news about Hause extending his contract.

If SG wants another right footed CB then we will have to buy one. Loans have definitely been used up for this season according to PL rules. "Premier League clubs may not loan more than two players at any one time".  Although the maximum number of registrable loans is four in any one season, and we have only registered three with Tuanzebe, Coutinho and Olsen, the fact that we currently have two loans currently registered means that we cannot use the fourth loan option. That other loan option would have to have been used before the summer transfer deadline. (ie. two different sets of loans, in separate halves of the season .... 2+2=4)

Gerrard and Lange obviously knew this when Olsen was signed on loan a few days back, so they must have already identified a right footed CB who they intend to buy.

33 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If true, Nathaniel Phillips might be worth a punt? Will push Konsa but not immediately upset the apple cart? 

Why am I putting questions marks after everything? Maybe I'm worried about the response? Maybe I can't get excited by this link?

Im so old I thought of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Diego carlos is being looked at by villa apparently according to italian press

Newcastle might declare war on us. Monobrowed shirtless imbeciles will descend on us in droves if we sign this dude.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Diego carlos is being looked at by villa apparently according to italian press

Delicious. 

Edit: just read it might be Spurs in for him, but so long as Newcastle don’t get him it doesn’t really matter.

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

Just now, Mazrim said:

So, likewise, we should offer him add ons when we enter the Interstellar Cup.

pfff, no one takes that cup seriously anymore. it's all about the intradimensional hyperion league mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of talk linking Newcastle with Targett. If we could get 20m for Targett and replace him with Digne (25m) and Hickey (10m), that would be a serious coup by Lange et al. It would also be nice to take their first choice LB (Digne) and rip them off with our cast off

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Targett is absolutely brilliant. Gotta be worth £80m to Newcastle...

Keinan Davis, too!  He might even score 10 goals for them in the Championship next season!  He's all theirs for the bargain price of £50m this window and this window only!

29 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Keinan Davis, too!  He might even score 10 goals for them in the Championship next season!  He's all theirs for the bargain price of £50m this window and this window only!

I think that's reasonable. 80 for Targett and 50 for Davis. Or, as a favour to Geordie Arabia, £150m for the pair. Let's not make life hard for them.