January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, Rossco76 said:

We have to try and forget about thinking of these players as out and out wingers imo and start thinking about whether they could fit into what would appear to be Gerrard's preferred set up of narrower inverted wingers aka "2x #10's". Cutting into the middle of the park to either link up with central striker for one-two's or making runs into central positions beyond the central striker to receive and have a shot at goal.

Bidace and Carney could play the 2 x 10 roles easily. In fact i think it would be a great position for them. 

As well as Lingard played last season. I wouldn't consider him. 

Players shouldn't have such business interests while they are still playing. They should be focused 100% on football, not running a fashion brand. 

I can imagine what Roy Keane would say about it ;) 

• Like 1

No more attacking players please. Time to get some balance.  A top quality left back and a centre mid . Both with physical as well as technical attributes. Thats all we need to really push up the table.  

Martinez/ Steer / Sinisalo

Cash/ Young

Konsa / Tuanzebe

Mings / Hause

**NEW **/ Targett

Mcginn/ Sanson

**NEW **/ Luiz / Nakamba

Ramsey / Chukwuemeka

Bailey / Buendia / Traore 

Watkins / Ings / Archer / Davis

El Ghazi / Bidace / Trez

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Pacey upgrade on Target purrrlease -  with the likes of Bailey in front, we would be deadly

This fella we’ve been linked to in German press looks pretty decent:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

25m apparently. Sounds a lot but probably the value of a 23 year old Croatian International with 2-3 years Bundasliga experience.

Forgetting the English tax 😉 if a German team wanted him he would probably cost 10 million less

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Awol said:

This fella we’ve been linked to in German press looks pretty decent:

Is it just me or did he seem to go into every sliding tackle 2 footed? Rightly or wrongly I watched that thinking a couple of those challenges would have been pens in the PL 

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently that means he’s a shit defender.

No but I think it's a bit of a weakness in his game. Going to ground too often like that is going to be exploited by savvy wingers/forwards, especially in the box. 

I do really like his technique, though - seems to be able to cross the ball very well and looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. Having him and Targett as options would be excellent tbf as they both bring something a little different to the table. 

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Problem being only one of those plays on the left wing. Some of the rest are capable of it, but we are woefully unbalanced in our forward offerings, and was (imo) a big part of the reason why Smith never worked out his best team (injuries being the other factor).

This cannot really be fixed without a new body coming in.

Edit: and probably one or two leaving. 

Further edit: Lingard? F%$# NO

I agree.

I am not ruling out that at all....but don't be surprised to see the ins and outs being a part of the balancing act.

for one resaon or another, I don't think Dean had as much clout as we thought....just my suspicion, no evidence to support that.