Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

More smiles, more vocal, more different training techniques, more integrated training. More structured. It's almost like a proper coach is doing the coaching. And almost has a tandem to Emery's way of training in methodology...

• Thanks 1

If he leaves us I wouldn't be surprised to see small heath try and get him for their set-up, they seem to really like appointing people with some sort of connection to them as a way of appeasing their fans. If they were to lose Eustace he'd might even come into contention for that job.

i think he'd be good to keep with us though to help with the youngsters transitioning into the first team, a new position specifically for that role was created last season for Liam Bramley but then he left for Norwich and no replacement was ever announced.

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

More smiles, more vocal, more different training techniques, more integrated training. More structured. It's almost like a proper coach is doing the coaching. And almost has a tandem to Emery's way of training in methodology...

Lamare Bogarde fairly prominent in a lot of that training, he has the potential to be the sort of defender Emery likes, very mobile and good with the ball at his feet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Really impressed with his press conference. I think we’ll keep him (and despite what he says about not knowing whether he’ll be kept on he doesn’t seem like he’s worried) but I also think this has probably given him a taste of management and he could move on of his own volition at some point soon. 

Next Watford manager :D

• Haha 1

It struck me how instantly and confidently Danks denies having had any contact with Emery in the press conference. I think it was well rehearsed and my completely amateur take on it is that he's had a little input into the shape Danks is playing and hopefully given him a few words of advice/ encouragement. 

It doesn't have to be work if you're just chatting with a future colleague, but clearly HMRC wouldn't see it that way!

Â