Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Am I the only one not buying for a second that there been " no contact " between him and Emery?

I saw a clip where he was asked if there has been any contact.

Although I guess we have to appear to be doing everything above board.

I doubt there has been any significant contact - maybe a hi and good luck. Emery is meant to be a real analytics manager and he's not going to fire off a load of advice when he hasn't met even the players or seen them train. I'm sure he's been looking at videos and data and stuff to prepare but won't have any input yet. IMO.

• Like 3

I don't like to put too much stock in press conferences but watch Danks' is a big contrast from previous ones. Genuinely seems like he wants to help the team perform at their best, whereas we've had previous coached who seemed to be out for themselves first and foremost.

• Like 2

Let's be honest, the garden always looks rosy when the sun is shining. 

It will be interesting to see how he sets us up tomorrow. Hopefully we Will be on the front- foot, out them traps quickly, just like last Sunday. That was vintage Villa, which Is a Villa I'm sure, Danks is familiar with. 

I get the sense that he may well be staying regardless of Emery's arrival. I do hope that is the case, who knows, one day, he may well become permanent manager of this great club.

5 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Was thinking this earlier and I'm almost certain the club and Emery would be in hot water from a legal standpoint if he was advising or instructing Danks, so on the surface, of course he hasn't had any contact. Whether that's true or not won't be an answer the public will ever know.

There a difference between paid work and voluntary, freedom of speech and all that :D

Really impressed with his press conference. I think we’ll keep him (and despite what he says about not knowing whether he’ll be kept on he doesn’t seem like he’s worried) but I also think this has probably given him a taste of management and he could move on of his own volition at some point soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Loved the presser. It's not about him - it's about the team. And he's intelligent.

Watching rh claret & blue podcast and they're saying him, cuts and Macphee are popular with the players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Watching rh claret & blue podcast and they're saying him, cuts and Macphee are popular with the players.

His calm presence is a massive positive as well. I can see him being quite calculating when he needs to be (in a good way).

Have to admit didn’t really know that much about him before he joined. Knew he was part of the England set up previously but that was about it. 

Really warming to him as he speaks well, is humble in his answers with the press but I get the feeling he knows his stuff and loves the team. 

I hope him, cuts and Mcphee stay (I think the well worked corner was one of his) but we will see. 

In the short term since Gerrard left I’ve been impressed. 

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

After Googling Burns earlier, I'd never heard of Nathan Barley. Currently half way through an episode on YouTube!

It's funny to look back on Nathan Barley as possibly Chris Morris' most prescient work.

• Like 1

Â