Aaron Danks (coach)

HalfTimePost

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Poor Danksy looks gutted.

Good effort though, 50 percent win rate.

Yup, I'd have taken 3 points from those 2 games, ideally without the hiding today, but I didn't expect us to give one last week.

I think we all were happy with the line up and the Dendoncker/Luiz double pivot was the protection we were crying out for.  Players need to take some responsibility here.

We were defeated before we started the second half. Attitude was all wrong and Newcastle wanted it so much more than us.

I’m not putting any blame on Danks for that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think we all were happy with the line up and the Dendoncker/Luiz double pivot was the protection we were crying out for.  Players need to take some responsibility here.

We were defeated before we started the second half. Attitude was all wrong and Newcastle wanted it so much more than us.

I’m not putting any blame on Danks for that. 

Spot on. Newcastle outworked us all over the pitch, disgusting lack of effort from the players.

That game was very Gerrardesque with lack of intensity once again, no shots or corners is pathetic. The players are to blame also, they aren't consistent enough, well that's a lie probably them being this shit is their consistency 

I'm a big fan of having 'club appointed coaches'. We need to build an infrastructure and some consistency is nice.

Whilst I'm delighted we have Emery and he should be allowed to bring in any number of people to his staff I'd like Danks to keep his role.

• Like 1

With no bad feeling, I only want Danks to stay on if that is what Unai Emery wants. That is not a knock on anything that he has done in his time here, the same goes for Cutts and McPhee. It’s just in my opinion we need to give Emery what he wants re coaching staff, there is no point having an overloaded coaching team or even worse Unai being told he can’t have his guy for a role because we already have our own guy in place imo.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

With no bad feeling, I only want Danks to stay on if that is what Unai Emery wants. That is not a knock on anything that he has done in his time here, the same goes for Cutts and McPhee. It’s just in my opinion we need to give Emery what he wants re coaching staff, there is no point having an overloaded coaching team or even worse Unai being told he can’t have his guy for a role because we already have our own guy in place imo.

I would be shocked if Emery isn't given full autonomy regarding his staff.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm a big fan of having 'club appointed coaches'. We need to build an infrastructure and some consistency is nice.

Whilst I'm delighted we have Emery and he should be allowed to bring in any number of people to his staff I'd like Danks to keep his role.

Personally I would be more than happy with a total clear out.

This current mob of back room staff are part of the problem and not the solution imo.

Not saying all of them are bad at what they do - but unfortunately for them, they are tarred with Gerrard’s brush and I feel a complete reset would be in everyone’s interest imo  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

No plan B was the problem. He's lucky plan A worked against Bretford. But I have no hard feelings, if he was any good, he'd be following Beale's movements.

in fairness I dont think he has any ambition to be a manager which is fair enough

• Like 1

12 hours ago, supermon said:

That game was very Gerrardesque with lack of intensity once again, no shots or corners is pathetic. The players are to blame also, they aren't consistent enough, well that's a lie probably them being this shit is their consistency 

The intensity was fine until the penalty  only then did heads drop. And, let's be honest, that mental weakness as been an issue since, I don't know when, but a bloody long time, that's for sure.

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The intensity was fine until the penalty  only then did heads drop. And, let's be honest, that mental weakness as been an issue since, I don't know when, but a bloody long time, that's for sure.

This is very true. Even going back to before our relegation we rarely win from behind.

In fact, heads sink after the opposition score and we rarely seem to recover. The 3-2 reversals vs Man City and Wolves are 2 classic examples.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

No plan B was the problem. He's lucky plan A worked against Bretford. But I have no hard feelings, if he was any good, he'd be following Beale's movements.

No complaints at all.

Got through Brentford with vibes and allowing players to express themselves.

Against Newcastle that wasn't enough and we needed actual tactics. But he did his best and he isn't a manager.

Thank him for the 3 points. May become crucial at the end of the season.

Â