Villa Carabao Cup 3rd Rd Draw

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What do we do now field a full strength side or  the same side as last night?

The same side as last night might lose 18-0. Probably need to be near full strength so it doesn't get out of hand. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'd rather play them in the 3rd round and beat them than lose to them in the final.

😃

Where can I get me some of this optimism juice you're drinking? 🤣

Would love it if we did send em packing though. 

3 days after Everton, 3 days before Man Utd. Gonna be hard to play anything like a full strength team, but if we did then why couldn’t we beat them? Should be ticking over nicely by then and have the new boys fully fit and properly integrated. 

Edit: just checked and the game falls between Spurs and Man City for them, so Chelsea might not play a full strength team either - although their strength in depth is somewhat.. deeper. 

Edited by Awol

JPB and Archer deserve their place. Hause will eat Lukaku for breakfast. Targett marauding down the left. Steer will stare at someone. The Chuckle brothers running rampant. Conor will be...supporting from afar. Bring it on!

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, thunderball said:

We have a better chance of beating them in this than in the league. It’s depends what team we want to field, they won’t be full strength.

We won’t field a full team either. Anyway playing them at this stage is much better than in a final or a semi. Them and City are the main threats. Other we can handle I guess. 

If we were planning to play our b side for the whole tournament then it's a shit draw for us. Could mean only one more full game of experience for them instead of a run of a few.

If we were trying to win it then it makes no difference really. We'd have had to play someone decent at some point, just means we may end up playing someone decent an extra game en route. 

I hope we get Sheffield utd somewhere. Both Derby and UTD looked dodgy and although the game was won by UTD they didn't look ever like they were going to beat Derby.

I think we would make a meal of them and I'd love it to be played at the UTD ground so I can go work there and watch my team throttle UTD. Somehow I will find a way to wear something Villa in the UTD stand lol.

Edited by Dave-R