Pre Match Thread

maqroll

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Deano was specifically asked if there were any other fitness concerns ahead of tomorrow and he said No. I don’t think it would be good optics for the club in the current climate if he openly lied about a Covid outbreak in the heart of the club during a press conference. 

Im going to have a cheeky bet on JJ to get his first goal today. Feel like today’s the day! 

I agree. And surely if we had that many players out with Covid we'd try and get it postponed, especially with the international break coming up?

17 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm getting ptsd from the idea of playing Brentford.

Same.

I think it’s all internet BS, everyone is reading the same mischievous posts/tweets and reinforcing the lie.

I read on Twitter the delay in announcing the Scotland team was because McGinn “had Covid”, but he was subsequently named in the squad. I think that’s it.

If so many players have Covid it would make the news and there would be action. Smith outlined his injuries at the presser yesterday. We will all be wiser come 2pm.

Edited by thunderball

28 minutes ago, dubbs said:

What's the situation with Bailey at the moment? Is he still injured? 

Smith said he wasn’t ready for today in his presser. Assuming no McGinn, Ramsey, Watkins or Bailey I’d go:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Young

Nakamba

Luiz Carney

Buendia Ings Ghazi 

These rumours going round are making me very uncomfortable.

If true, you really have to question what is going on at the club. No other team is having these casualties this early on in the season, in fact I don’t think any team in PL history has had anything like this.

If there is aCOVID outbreak where a further 3 first team players are out then the club has to be asking for the game to be postponed. It’s an absolute farce and Smith shouldn’t be keeping these things secret in his press conferences.

13 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

These rumours going round are making me very uncomfortable.

If true, you really have to question what is going on at the club. No other team is having these casualties this early on in the season, in fact I don’t think any team in PL history has had anything like this.

If there is aCOVID outbreak where a further 3 first team players are out then the club has to be asking for the game to be postponed. It’s an absolute farce and Smith shouldn’t be keeping these things secret in his press conferences.

Arsenal had 8/9 players out literally a week ago.

14 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

🤣

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Who would Carney be starting instead of? Ramsey or Doug id assume. If its Doug means McGinn will be playing the 6?

If Chukwuemeka starts it'll be as the ten with Luiz and McGinn holding behind him, both in a dou...I mean as a pair of sixes.

• Like 1