Pre Match Thread

maqroll

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We are weak but Brentford are a playoff promoted team. Most times those teams get relegated. 

They've started well but we've still got some quality players in that line up. 

I can think of at least one notable exception to that rule in recent years…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

There are some question marks over that line up from me, but having so many players out and still fielding a fairly competitive team says quite much of how much we have improved.

It's a really good point. 

Imagine the state of us 2 years ago, if 5 first team starters were missing. 

We've still got the likes of Ings and Buendia in there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

There are some question marks over that line up from me, but having so many players out and still fielding a fairly competitive team says quite much of how much we have improved.

Absolutely, could you imagine losing 5 -6 first teamers from the team during our first year back in the PL. 

• Like 2

I'm gutted out how "easy" our starting fixtures were, alongside these abscences. What a waste of a good run of games, would rather have taken some hidings from City and Chelsea with these weakened sides.

If there's one thing we know, it is that the modern Villa have the ability to produce almost any kind of result, so a win today is certainly very possible.

That saif, if they score first we could struggle.

Would be lovely to go into the break with a win and three more points, but I would be happy with a point.

• Like 1

damn we've been unlucky with injuries so far this season. at least it's an opportunity for Chuk to show us some magic! I think I'd just take a point going by what we are putting out but still think we have enough to win this if we turn out.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm gutted out how "easy" our starting fixtures were, alongside these abscences. What a waste of a good run of games, would rather have taken some hidings from City and Chelsea with these weakened sides.

Maybe wait till after the good run of games to assess how we did in them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ramsey has the best game of his life last week, McGinn finally has an inspired performance, then gets Covid.

You couldn't make it up.

got a feeling this is a day we might need the fearless youngsters to bail us out.

Clearly the club's Covid management process is shit.

• Haha 1