Pre Match Thread

maqroll

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Hopefully the lads will start to click. We need more from Buendia and having Ollie back could give us a lift. I don’t like Ollie on the left but if the alternative is AEG then I would be ok with Ollie playing left of a 4-3-3. Brentford will definitely score. I think maybe a 2-2 draw (hoping for 3-2).

I fancy us for the clean sheet and Ings to get his 3rd in 3 games

• Like 2

Bees have had a good start to the PL. They were not the best in the Championship and only went up via the playoffs. They are do a dose of reality as to what the PL is like and that you can get a good thumping at home. Let's hope tomorrow is reality day for them. Also, Dean has a poor record against his old side and he needs to right that

I had a look at a Brentford forum and interestingly the majority think they'll lose/draw. As I said before I'm apprehensive about this but mostly just because Brentford were the mother of all bogey teams for us when we were down in the Championship.

I know we haven't looked amazing the opening games but tbf Newcastle was still an improvement on Watford. Hopefully we can improve again.

• Like 2

At least they don't have ryan woods running the show in midfield for them....The performances he put in against us whilst we were both in the championship were ridiculous. Tbh, I'm not sure why they got rid of Marcondes, I thought he was one of their better players last year, definitely would have kept him around for first season in the premier league. I really do think this game can go either way on the day, we will have to be in loud voice tommorow and hopefully a bit more lively than last week. 6 points on the board before international break will do wonders for the confidence of the players and settle us fans

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully not true but now just seen some on Twitter saying Mings out injured, McGinn and now Ramsey out with covid. Normally I wouldnt believe anything but I swear every negative/injury rumour that goes around turns out to be true when its about us. 

Just seen on Twitter Martinez has re signed for Arsenal and Man City are after Davis after losing out on Kane and Ronaldo. Bugger 

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully not true but now just seen some on Twitter saying Mings out injured, McGinn and now Ramsey out with covid. Normally I wouldnt believe anything but I swear every negative/injury rumour that goes around turns out to be true when its about us. 

I saw that too but the Mings and Ramsey rumours seem to have been plucked out of thin air with nobody else mentioning anything about them.

According to Twitter the following extra players could be out: McGinn, Young, Jacob Ramsey (all Covid) and Mings (injured). But as usual it's all just random people on Twitter, so take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Presume 

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

According to Twitter the following extra players could be out: McGinn, Young, Jacob Ramsey (all Covid) and Mings (injured). But as usual it's all just random people on Twitter, so take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Our team will be fresh come second half of the season.

Deano was specifically asked if there were any other fitness concerns ahead of tomorrow and he said No. I don’t think it would be good optics for the club in the current climate if he openly lied about a Covid outbreak in the heart of the club during a press conference. 

Im going to have a cheeky bet on JJ to get his first goal today. Feel like today’s the day! 

• Like 1