Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe, and stay with me here, MAYBE we’ve got someone lined up to come in?

Agreed. I may be proved wrong but I don’t for one minute think we would be letting him go without a replacement being lined up. And i absolutely don’t believe the boy from the MLS is the replacement. 

Intrested to see what sort of player we do replace him with though. I’ve got a feeling it will be a winger/striker hybrid rather than an out and out number 9. 

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

This transfer makes no sense. We are crying out for strikers, we cannot afford to lose the only person looking capable of scoring. I’m panicking now unless Emery has someone up his sleeve.

We'll end up with Gerard Moreno or some other 30 year old+ on loan

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

This transfer makes no sense. We are crying out for strikers, we cannot afford to lose the only person looking capable of scoring. I’m panicking now unless Emery has someone up his sleeve.

It makes financial sense. It doesn't make football sense (until a replacement is revealed). We have to balance the two.

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

We've effectively had Ings for a season and a half for £10m plus wages and that feels expensive. 

Still interesting to see who they do bring in. 

18 months, Chelsea FC says ‘hold my pint’ 🤣

The overreactions here are peak VillaTalk...  Nobody would have put Ings in a starting 11 prediction for an Emery team unless Watkins was out injured.  Now that we sold him, all of a sudden Ings is a 20+ goal a season striker again and nobody can believe we've let him go...  

My guess is that we're close to signing another striker with pace who better fits Emery's system,.  

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Has he actually gone 100% confirmed?  

Or still in the process of going?

Sky have gone to the lengths of announcing its a done deal live on air. 

It's a bold strategy and all that....

Edited by Steero113

Interesting decision, financially it makes sense, I remember reading anything over £8m we'd be turning a 'book profit', and when you factor in the wages as well, then in many ways it's too good a deal to turn down.

From a footballing perspective it's not so cut and dry, but we'll have to wait and see what happens for the rest of the window.

Ings offered us something different to Watkins, he was much better against a low block where speed and power are less important, he was also much better at seeing a killer pass for others and by and large was a much better finisher, those are all qualities that are very handy to have sitting on your bench, or having in your squad for particular games. Emery likes to have options and Ings certainly provided him one, so it's a loss if he's not replaced. 

However, Ings was never a long term solution, he was always going to need phasing out over the next few years, so maybe the offer was just good enough to speed up that process.

I'm hoping we will replace him with a player who has similar attributes, but with a bit more athleticism. Duran seems to me to be more like Watkins in terms of how he plays, so I'm not convinced he's the Ings replacement.

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Ings seemed a top pro and a decent guy by all accounts.

Go well Danny boy.  

• Like 2

Decent fee. 

Was initially a bit upset about this but after thinking about it more, it shouldn’t be that big an issue for us provided we get someone new in. Deulofeu would be a good replacement even if he isn’t in the same mold. Or maybe we really rate Duran and he can already come in as our backup striker. 

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jesus Wept we don't mess about.

£15m and £120k (hopefully gone) is as good as it can get

Yup, good deal, for me. £15m incoming and £9m off the wages for a player who's not in our starting 11, can't complain

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'm guessing Emery didn't care much for Ings. I like Ings but it hasn't really worked out for him at the club sadly. 

That said I think it could be a good deal for West Ham. 

I think he just wants to change the balance of the attacking players we have and practically speaking Ings was going to be the easiest to move on   

Â