Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Really getting into being a quality Villa player.  

Shame his finishing was off tonight but he keeps getting chances which is the main thing and would’ve got a couple of goals on another night

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

At least with Watkins, he contributes in other ways to a game. Danny Ings' sole job is to score goals and he's supposed to be a proven finisher.

So to miss both those one on ones and that header so badly is inexcusable. Of course he buries the chance perfectly when offside to rub it in.

Strikers that dont take chances, especially against the best teams, cost you games. Ings and Watkins have done so all season and both need to be replaced.

His sole purpose is to score goals and yet he has the highest number of assists for us this season.

I won't deny his finishing was poor and let us down tonight, but I feel you are missing a big part of what Danny Ings brings to a team other than goals.

• Like 4

Really like his all round effort, touch and vision. His finishing has surprised me a lot this season, missed a lot of straightforward chances. Tonight and the Spurs game particularly but just in general he’s not proven to be a clinical as I was anticipating. Good player though

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Frustrating night for him.  His finish that was offside was absolutely clinical. Shame his other chances didn't quite work out tonight.

Think he knew he was off hence he just put his foot through the ball.

Nearly game tonight like v Spurs. Would be good to have striker in squad who could make difference in these type of games, Benteke was last one we had who could score no problem v likes of LIverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc. Shame rest of our team was so poor in those days.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

He just seemed to want an extra touch every time last night to me. I've also never realised just how one footed he is, there were at least two chances where he got played in and had the space and if he took it with his left foot or even took a touch with his left rather than right he'd at the very least get a shot off, but he really didn't want to and checked his run and took a touch to set up his right but didn't get a shot off.

It's frustrating because his runs were there, but the first touch and confidence really weren't last night

Edited by jjaacckk91
  • Like 1

I’d just like to add, his finishing isn’t as good as I thought it was when we signed him. I think Ings is a good player, but he has missed a lot of good chances this season - notably against Spurs and Liverpool. You can’t beat the top teams when you miss such good chances. 

I think it will frustrate Gerrard. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d just like to add, his finishing isn’t as good as I thought it was when we signed him. I think Ings is a good player, but he has missed a lot of good chances this season - notably against Spurs and Liverpool. You can’t beat the top teams when you miss such good chances. 

I think it will frustrate Gerrard. 

Its strange, as the finish for the offside goal was a world class finish. Where the hell has that ings been all season?? 

At 29 for me his best days are coming to an end it looks if his finiahing is anythibg to go by. If tammy becomes avaialble i would sell him and use some of the money to try bring tammy back.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its strange, as the finish for the offside goal was a world class finish. Where the hell has that ings been all season?? 

At 29 for me his best days are coming to an end it looks if his finiahing is anythibg to go by. If tammy becomes avaialble i would sell him and use some of the money to try bring tammy back.

No chance, Ings would play well with Tammy.  In that scenario I would be selling Watkins.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No chance, Ings would play well with Tammy.  In that scenario I would be selling Watkins.

Either or for me. I dont think we should be keeping watkins and ings next year. One has to go as theh sinply dont score enough goals

• Like 2

10 hours ago, birdman said:

Played alot better than Ollie whose first touch is horrendous.

I think both Ollie and Ings could have had better first touches at two key moments and we could have scored. Fine margins.

I think aside from scoring they both played well. Klopp had said how our split strikers caused them so many problems. So tactically very good from Gerrard and individually from Ings and Watkins they did well, just needed that killer moment

• Like 3

Â