Tim Iroegbunam

useless

2 minutes ago, jasoncb said:

Still convinced today they didn't activate that clause is because they wanted first dibs on Grealish..

Grealish had a release clause that they triggered

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If it weren't for all of our injuries I don't think Tim would be near the bench sadly.  Emery has had a look but has decided clearly not really good enough to start games for us. 

Think this maybe true. Today we saw cash come on and play in midfield rather than Tim and push Mcginn forwards. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

How did he get ZERO minutes today, love unai but seriously he has to play some part today when (after Thursday) again we lost the midfield battle. Feel sorry for Tim, gets bigged up when Boubs is injured then doesn’t even get a sniff when our only 2 other midfields are dead on their feet.

Bigged up? Unfortunately isn't rated by management.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Unai would rather player a McGinn dead on his feet then Donk. So would I. 

Donk would still come in for games here and there. He was brilliant coming in for Newcastle at home and then had a run of starts after where he was less effective. This season I think he started Brentford, Sheffield United and then Man. United where he scored but was helpless to stop their second half comeback and that was it for his Villa career.

He's still someone when we have injuries/suspensions that Unai was happy to play so again Tim is miles off having that confidence given he can't even get the bench when games are in the balance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If it weren't for all of our injuries I don't think Tim would be near the bench sadly.  Emery has had a look but has decided clearly not really good enough to start games for us. 

I think the manager has more faith in Tim than he had in Dendonker and I'm sure we'll see him get more minutes in the next games, though as you say, maybe not as a starter. 

On 05/05/2024 at 20:50, The Fun Factory said:

Last night was another example of why this is absolutely true. 

He’s so far from ready for first team football (for us) I’m worried these appearances might actually be damaging for him

I’m convinced that Tim has got the ability but he just looks so nervous. He needs a top end Championship loan in my view. A chance for him to build confidence and hopefully return more ready for first team action.

• Like 3

I think he’s racked up enough appearances at a high level for a promoted side to take a punt on him although it’s always difficult for a young player fighting relegation, The ideal scenario would be a team like Luton who’ve used their time and resources wisely to set up a team capable of promotion again.

Think he sealed his departure with two no-pressure passes out of play, one in each leg. 

Type of thing I imagine Unai never forgets. 

Looked absolute dirt when he came on in both games. He'll occasionally do something impressive (a tackle or a turn away from an opponent) but then pass the ball either straight out of play or directly to an opponent.

He's learning at this level I know, but I have a gut feeling he's going to end up a middling Championship player

• Like 2

I thought he was okay in the first game and has been decent in pretty much all of his appearances - he had one to forget last night though, poor.

Which is a pity as we might need him to start on Monday night.

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

Think he sealed his departure with two no-pressure passes out of play, one in each leg. 

Type of thing I imagine Unai never forgets. 

Or, Unai being a sensible football manager, probably doesn't decide a player's entire career on 2 passes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was okay in the first game and has been decent in pretty much all of his appearances - he had one to forget last night though, poor.

Which is a pity as we might need him to start on Monday night.

The challenge that he (and others following) is likely to have is that they'll need to reach more than just a "decent" level pretty quickly both in training and in matches as our team and squad get stronger (and hopefully we are less impacted by injuries).  It is going to be harder and harder to get spells like Ramsey probably had when he first broke through.  I think Emery, Monchi and the coaching team will give younger players a chance when they can see something there that they like (as they have done with Rogers) but those players will need to seize those opportunities with both hands.  That doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be brilliant every time they come on but they need to demonstrate enough to get the next chance and then the next one.  Rogers did some things well / some things not so well in his first few matches but he's definitely learned a lot, put that into practice and now put himself well into contention for a starting position at the start of next season.  That's the kind of thing that every other prospect will need to emulate - maybe not to force themselves straight into the first team but at least to make themselves a great / trusted option from the bench.  I still hope that Tim can do that but it is slightly concerning that he's not earned the right to more minutes given the injuries we've got.

I remember a comment from McGinn about Emery, saying that if players cannot/will not perform, Unai will move them along.  Tim must be seen as one who is at least applying himself in training and showing signs that he has the ability.  Otherwise, he surely would have been given the green light to move on in January rather than Dendonker...

2 hours ago, FLVillan said:

I remember a comment from McGinn about Emery, saying that if players cannot/will not perform, Unai will move them along.  Tim must be seen as one who is at least applying himself in training and showing signs that he has the ability.  Otherwise, he surely would have been given the green light to move on in January rather than Dendonker...

Just because McGinn said that, there'll still be a load of reasons why someone might not have been moved on yet.

3 hours ago, East London Villa said:

Or, Unai being a sensible football manager, probably doesn't decide a player's entire career on 2 passes.

That's not quite the gist of what I was saying. 

I think it shows more about his mentality than his ability...and Inai has already been out and mentioned that before.

I rate him, but it's not like he's oozed class and confidence in the rest of his performances, and the passes encapsulate a nervous weakness imo...just like his header to Dougie that he gave away and then took a card for

On 05/05/2024 at 23:25, BigJim said:

I think the manager has more faith in Tim than he had in Dendonker and I'm sure we'll see him get more minutes in the next games, though as you say, maybe not as a starter. 

I see no evidence of this. Dendonker was given minutes and started games. If he was with us, I'm convinced he'd have got more playing time than Tim. 

14 hours ago, FLVillan said:

I think the green light for dendonker was that Napoli had agreed to a decent purchase fee in the summer if the deal had worked out. To good a deal to turn down for Villa. 

Â