Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Sensational today - absolutely electric - he was running at world class defenders and turning them inside out, he's working hard on the halfway line and he's bringing an end product to everything he does.

They told us he was difficult to motivate, patchy and inconsistent, a peripheral player, decorative - they reckoned without a manager who has this free spirit sitting attentive in hour long meetings, has him thinking, running, battling, covering back. Unai has brought a new discipline to Leon and he's twice the player with it.

• Like 3

There's a different Leon when he's smiling. He's clearly a player who thrives on confidence. Unai is the perfect manager for Leon, to give him that confidence. 

We signed Leon along with Emi Buendia and Danny Ings. They were supposed to fill the void left by Grealish leaving. In his last season Grealish scored 6 in 26 Premier League appearances. Leon has 5 in 13 PL appearances so far this season. I think it's fair to say that when Leon plays like he is now he's looking every bit the perfect replacement. 

Really took his time settling in, but oh boy what a turnaround. Biggest difference I see is his decision-making, that's improved tenfold. Honestly thought he was almost a pub player before. Very sorry Leon for doubting both your ability and commitment.

• Thanks 1

Well done Leon Bailey!! I have been a critic from but lately he has shown he has matured and grown as a player, one of my main criticisms was how easy and often he went down injured or hurt. A lot of the time he was affecting our possession and play with his antics.

It is no coincidence that improved attitude has lead to probably his best patch of form with us, definitely the most consistent.

Â