Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Emery’s removed the Gerrard monkey off his back and he’s growing in confidence. The little clip of him singing Emery’s praises speaks volumes. 

I think he needs improving on but if we can get a SS/RW of real quality I wouldn’t mind seeing a 433 with a revitalised and rejuvenated Bailey down the left. 

I've been his biggest critic, but he was great today.  Unlucky not to get on the scoresheet and is looking up more for teammates instead of just putting his head down and trying to dribble past his man over and over again.  Maybe there is a future for him at the Villa after all.  

• Like 2

Played his part today including a great pass for the second goal. Very important contribution that. There's a player there just depends if he can get to the level and consistency Unai demands.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm a big fan but he wasn't great today. He was decent but great is a bit much. JJ was great. 

He had some good moments but I think we need to move on from him. 

I'll be disappointed if he's starting most games next season. 

He created the winning goal lol. If he creates goals and we win he's done his job. 

Only deflection from defender stopped him scoring early goal

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm a big fan but he wasn't great today. He was decent but great is a bit much. JJ was great. 

He had some good moments but I think we need to move on from him. 

I'll be disappointed if he's starting most games next season. 

Now that we qualified to the Conference League, I think we should keep him. He won't get that good offers I'd assume anyway. Even if we got two wingers, we'll still be short by selling him and Traore. For me I'd keep both while getting a new right winger. I don't think anyone would mind having the likes of Bailey  starting in Europe, and having their part in the squad in the PL. I also still think that if we play with wingers, he'd do fantastic on the left. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He created the winning goal lol. If he creates goals and we win he's done his job. 

I said he had good moments. 

I'd keep him as a squad player but we need better if we are aiming to.beat 7th next season. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He also played a great ball across the face of goal that ramsey missed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I said he had good moments. 

I'd keep him as a squad player but we need better if we are aiming to.beat 7th next season. 

We'd have got better than 7th if Emery'd had the full season tbf. 

• Like 2

He always looks spent after 60 mins or so. Even after a run of games. He needs to work on that.

If he’s here next season he’ll be a squad player getting minutes at the end of matches in the PL, which I’m not too fussed about. However, if a decent bid comes in for him it might be time to let go. 

Had a decent game because for once he actually kept it simple and maybe knew what was at stake

He got the ball and he skipped past a man, and passed it on and then moved.

He wasn't constantly holding onto the ball or trying to beat people when the easier one two pass is on.

If he did this he'd actually get in more spots to receive the ball in dangerous areas and get the numbers...because he can't beat people from the halfway line and get an assist like Jack could.

He actually generally has a good final ball, he's just never in positions to deliver quite often....because hes lost it trying to beat 3 men next to the dugout.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

We'd have got better than 7th if Emery'd had the full season tbf. 

We’ll need a deeper squad to hit 7th again with the addition of European football (look at West Ham). Bailey maybe has a part in that but for me I’d like to see him upgraded. 

Was great going forwards, brilliant pass for Watkins goal, hit the bar and should have had an assist for Ramsey. 

Defensively he needs to work harder. Mcginns booking came because he was holding up the play, delaying a free kick while screaming at Bailey to get into position. 

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

What a beautiful pass for the Watkins goal. Like McGinn for the pen against Liverpool. Love those left footed clips through. 

Yeah was brilliant pass. He should have got an assist too for Ramsey. How he missed that sitter I don't know. Also hit the bar. He's been very good since returning to fitness. Hopefully he improves again next season and keeps consistent. Competition for places is great and driving the standards 

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I mean that's not true at all if the rest of his performance affects the team negatively. Not that it did yesterday, probably a 6.5/10 for me.

Edited by Tom13

Â