Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

Conor Hourihane was completely one footed and premier league was a step too far for his ability, this is pretty much the same situation. The whole us not playing to his strengths is a myth 

There are lots of very one-footed players who have excelled at the highest level. Maradona rarely did anything with his right foot, Scholes rarely used his left.

The issue with Bailey is his decision making. He's a head down player who gets himself in trouble, and he too often tries to dribble when the defender is set.

Having said that, I still think Emery might see something in him. There is enough natural talent there to maybe get something out of him.

Sighed when I saw his name on the teamsheet, but was impressed he came out with his head up looking for the ball. Not a fantastic game, was a bit quiet other than the assist I thought, but much improved on his recent games.

• Like 2

He assisted, buendia scored but the pair of them were poor today. He seems to be hiding from the ball to me, I really hoped we had a player when he joined and it was just the injuries that held him back but whatever 'it' is I'm just not seeing it with him, can see there being a big shake up in the summer.

2 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

He assisted, buendia scored but the pair of them were poor today. He seems to be hiding from the ball to me, I really hoped we had a player when he joined and it was just the injuries that held him back but whatever 'it' is I'm just not seeing it with him, can see there being a big shake up in the summer.

The only player who didn’t improve since UE came. I think he’ll find a way to get him back good after the break. Need everyone at their best against Chelsea. 

I acknowlege he still needs to improve asap and you may well be right those of you saying he'll be released in the summer. But... what brilliant play for the assist today: such quick, perfect touches to get to the bye-line and then the fast, perfectly placed cross to Luiz. And this set us on our way today for the win. So yeah he might be gone soon but with that magic moment today he helped us a lot to get from 35pts to 38pts with 11 games still to play.

• Like 2

He’s a moments of magic player rather than a steady Eddie. Not sure that will ever change. But I personally think he has a future here because of that raw pace and ability to skin a defender from a standing start. The assist was him at his best. Will just take time for Emery to get him doing the right things consistently. Right now he spends most of the game doing the wrong thing.

Low in confidence but thought he looked better. Problem now is that the fans are on his back early. One mis placed pass and the reaction is immediate. 

Did his job yesterday, played as a winger, stayed wide to stretch the play, got a great assist in the first ten minutes.

Clearly has ability just need to fine tune how we use that. His quick busts of pace and skill at getting past defenders is something we should nurture. Almost seems better coming in more central than staying out wide on the wing.

I don't see him leaving in the summer. We're very light on attacking players. He's versatile in he can play wide or as a 2 up front. I'm sure he'll hit form before end of the season. He's an asset to the squad and will get better under Emery.

Â