Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Knew he would score against Leeds and silence the haters!
That touch he did in 2nd half was sublime. Scored the goal, made the 2nd goal. Our best attacker!

Yes he did very well tonight and deserves the plaudits he will rightly receive - but we need to remember he is consistent at being inconsistent 

• Like 1

I'm happy for him tonight, but I also remember Coutinho tearing this Leeds team apart as well. Also, Leon wasted an opportunity with Ings by himself and nobody to stop him to dribble into multiple Leeds defenders and lose the ball. He does that far too often to ever be a consistent threat against a team that has a plan defensively that isn't RUN REAL HARD.

If he could run without looking down the entire time he might become unstoppable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Knew he would score against Leeds and silence the haters!
That touch he did in 2nd half was sublime. Scored the goal, made the 2nd goal. Our best attacker!

I didn't know, but I said he should play regardless because the other option was letting Bailey look down into an abyss in terms of his confidence. In fairness, I didn't see "Baily haters" on here (I may have missed something) and I don't like that term [EDIT: I just saw your earlier post, @messi11, and -- wow -- there have been some pretty outrageous things said, for sure, so I feel you], but felt that some people reckoned he'd let us down badly and was in bad form and needed a time-out, etc. But I thought he was punishing himself enough, and benching him would actually be more damaging to his long-term confidence and play. On top that, we just don't have other good options. Sometimes, the only thing that restores confidence is a good performance.  

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Yes he did very well tonight and deserves the plaudits he will rightly receive - but we need to remember he is consistent at being inconsistent 

So who’s consistent more than him in our attacking players?

31 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Great finish, good to see him replace the cries with smiles

spacer.png

That's a quality reference.

Good finish which he can do if he has time and space but I still don't think he's the guy. Poor passing when forced down the line, non existent passing losing the ball in our third and so one footed by anyone's standard.

Leeds backline is hopeless.

9 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So who’s consistent more than him in our attacking players?

To be honest that is no benchmark whatsoever. For the most time, Bailey has been very poor for us and I’m not expecting the rebirth of Leon Bailey based on one game - I will be delighted if so, but I expect him to remain consistently inconsistent 

Â