Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

The trouble we've got is that all three of Buendia, Coutinho, and Bailey are way out of form, so if we drop one of them it's not as if there's much better to come in. Only thing I can think of is trying Ings, Watkins, and Ramsey as a front three. Better still we need to sign some better creative players.

Emery likely aimed to give him a change to regain some confidence against a poor opponent after that horror miss last game. That didn't work.

Honestly don't see him turning it around here which would be sad on a financial level.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I like the fact he doesn’t give up and always willing to have the ball but his finishing and decision making leave a lot to be desired… 

So.. seems like a good guy but a shit footballer?

12 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Can only imagine we kept him on because he's the only player with pace, but my god he is absolutely terrible

Thing is we only really had Buendia on the bench as a replacement for one of Coutinho or Bailey.  The latter can run so probably stayed on because of that.  If Cash hadn't got injured then Young could've played wide but that forced Emery's hand.  Watkins maybe could have replaced him but trips over the ball 90% of the time himself.  Gerrard screwed us over with the squad.

I wasn't a huge fan of Traore, but you have to wonder why we let him go and left this charlatan at the club. One goal every 9 or time games isn't anywhere near enough when you consider how poor the rest of his game is. He can't beat a man, doesn't get many good crosses in, contributes next to nothing.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Bacuna was 10x the player. 

Give me a whole hearted player like Leandro any day of the week. Didn't he get 5 goals one season as well playing right back in a vastly inferior team?

• Like 1

Â