Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He will thrive on getting full backs one v one and beating them either for a shot or a cross. 

That's made much more difficult if we don't get the ball into him as early as possible to set that situation up. 

It's much more difficult to beat three men when we slow it down.

Liked what I saw on Saturday to be honest. Streets ahead of the majority of last season where injuries seemed to be playing havoc with him (either physically or mentally - maybe both). He seems to trust his body more than last season. Still a bit to go to make the impact that I think he is capable of, but the signs are promising, and I'm sure that it will come with more playing time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John said:

I'd have Buendia ahead of both of them. 

I’d have Buendia ahead of 10 players that started the game.

Only because I’ve never seen him play goalie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone see bailey dropped Saturday by our fearless leader Steve, I be surprised if coutinho is dropped, captain cannonball won't get lynched neither, I think beundia will Start as will Watkins in place of Leon and Danny.

Bailey is an easy option to leave put and I think this is what Steve will do because he's a clueless numpty.

Edited by villan501

He was lively when he came on and could have gotten an assist. However he was doing what he did too often last season which is too much. He holds onto the ball for too long and tries to be a hero. It looks great when it comes off like his goal against United pre-season but a lot of the time it doesnt. He would be better if he just played it simple, especially when there is pass on. If he's running down a dark alley then fine, try a bit of flair to get out of it but generally he needs to stop trying so hard.

34 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

He was lively when he came on and could have gotten an assist. However he was doing what he did too often last season which is too much. He holds onto the ball for too long and tries to be a hero. It looks great when it comes off like his goal against United pre-season but a lot of the time it doesnt. He would be better if he just played it simple, especially when there is pass on. If he's running down a dark alley then fine, try a bit of flair to get out of it but generally he needs to stop trying so hard.

I think it's a by-product of not having an extended run in the team, or being dropped when you haven't played particularly badly the match before. 

Buendia was doing it as well last year as well. Our rotation needs to be handled more appropriately.

Dunno, I had a feeling he might be one to get dropped after Bournemouth.

Yeah ok he was lively but it was a very underwhelming day for all, he just was a little better than the rest. Again it was Bailey running around alot but with no end product!

Â