Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey needs to be starting games soon or he will look for a move in the summer

He's got to prove himself reliable, fitness wise, before he can command a place in the team. He's spent the majority of the season in the physio's room. I wouldn't build my tactics around a player that I knew was a massive injury risk. 

In terms of him moving on, I think that will also go for any decent team in any league. They won't take a gamble on a sick note.

I hope he has great end to the season though and makes me eat my words.

I'm so confused by this guy, such an enigma, is he any good or not. Reminds me of traore(Adama) and bolasie when they were here. Some absolutely ridiculous touches that no one else is capable of and then some horrific moments where you question if can actually play football.

Answers on postcard.

Yep, hope fans are realistic with him and I think most are, write this season off due to injuries and missing so much

Give him cameos and ease him in / make him earn it then judge him 

Bit like sanson, great when we have him as an option, shows us getting better 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he hasnt had a run to get match fit due to consistent injuries.

We cant really judge him until he gets a run imo, we just need to look back to the Everton game to see what he is capable of.

I mean you're totally right, but it's similar to sanson in that it feels like we never get closer to finding out.

I keep thinking back to that game and what a player I thought we had, but in context it was 20 minutes and he spent a few games after then getting the full 90(or close) and being almost anonymous.

Fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I mean you're totally right, but it's similar to sanson in that it feels like we never get closer to finding out.

I keep thinking back to that game and what a player I thought we had, but in context it was 20 minutes and he spent a few games after then getting the full 90(or close) and being almost anonymous.

Fingers crossed

ye completely agree re Sanson, i think both Bailey & Sanson are very good players, but neither have maintained a sustained level of fitness for a run of games, so we clearly havent seen what they are fully capable of.

I do think though, both of them are good enough for us, no doubt in my mind.

• Like 1

He's as rusty as my rowing machine, but he's still got that pace and energy. What I liked today was how we used him - Southampton were 4-0 down, but they were putting pressure on us and we were able to bring him on and suddenly had an outlet over the top into the corner with his pace behind. He took all the pressure off. When we're 1-0 up away somewhere, that's going to be very useful.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Uploaded an Instagram story last night out for a meal with his mrs. Usually they are in a hotel the night before a game, assume he must be out unless it's a random upload of an old story.

I did the stadium tour last week and the guide said the players now just drive in themselves for home matches. Something Gerrard has done away with 

• Like 1

Looks miles off starting, really poor finish at the end.

Think next few weeks is just about getting minutes and hopefully he can finally get momentum after break in April. Jamaica will probably call him up though and he'll do his hammy on international duty way his season has gone.

The only thing Gerrard got wrong today was Bailey and Buendia.

Played them on the wrong wings, swap them over and think they both would've looked more dangerous. Bailey's poor lifted attempt off his right foot had no power, had he been coming off the left her have had more power behind that like his goal at Everton. Buendia off the left would've looked better off the right where he's been more at home in his recent good performances

He's clearly just trying so hard in his limited amount of time that he's not playing his natural game and putting pressure on himself, often leading to poor play. 

Him (and the fans) need to realise he has time to build himself up and take his time. I don't think he's showing his true self at the minute.

• Like 4

Â