Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm more excited about Leon Bailey's potential than anyone else in the squad. 

I think there's a superstar there.

I feel the big thing is we are getting to a place where the team no longer picks itself, there are real options now finally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I feel the big thing is we are getting to a place where the team no longer picks itself, there are real options now finally.

Much better put than what I said before haha. I agree completely. We've got maybe 7 people for those front 3 positions who would have all been first picks 2 years ago if they'd been the only one in the squad alongside Grealish. 

• Like 1

If there is one element of Bailey’s game that he clearly needs to work on, it is playing with his head up. Too often he looked like the greedy kid in the playground in that Man City game and it never seemed to end well. Over eagerness to impress is easy to forgive, of course (much easier than a player not looking bothered) but I hope the head-down style of play doesn’t become a hallmark. 

37 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If you followed his Instagram you wouldn’t ask if he was a party boy, you would know. Leon is a very cool party boy with a huge appetite for glamour. (Not so much weed smoking and roots reggae though, so no need for stereotypes here).

Could you link to the relevant photos please.

I just looked at what appears to be his Instagram and can't see a single photo of him partying. In fact all 18 posts are about football, so not sure where the glamour angle comes from either.

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was meant to substantiate not the greatest 20 min cameo

He turned the game for us. Did u watch the game? It was an amazing cameo, he lit up the pitch and was the centre of everything good while he was on the pitch

18 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Could you link to the relevant photos please.

I just looked at what appears to be his Instagram and can't see a single photo of him partying. In fact all 18 posts are about football, so not sure where the glamour angle comes from either.

Not possible to link to Instagram Stories I’m afraid.

He does seem to be missing life at Leverkusen at the moment.  Posting a lot of highlights from there on his story too.

Need to get out and make VP your home now Leon.  Once you win the hearts of the Villa fans there’s nothing better for a player 😊

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He does seem to be missing life at Leverkusen at the moment.  Posting a lot of highlights from there on his story too.

Need to get out and make VP your home now Leon.  Once you win the hearts of the Villa fans there’s nothing better for a player 😊

Ah, there was another one with his first goal for Jamaica U23's. I wouldn't read too much into it.

46 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Could he potentially be an alternative to Watkins/Ings? He’s pretty lethal on the counter and with Coutinho and Buendia behind him he’d be put on his bike a LOT.

I could be way off the mark here but doubt his hold up play would be as effective, think this is vital with the likes of coutinho playing in behind, the amount of chances created by Ollie's little knock on's could be huge, but for sure if you need to change the system in a game where it isn't working, he would definitely give us something different

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I could be way off the mark here but doubt his hold up play would be as effective, think this is vital with the likes of coutinho playing in behind, the amount of chances created by Ollie's little knock on's could be huge, but for sure if you need to change the system in a game where it isn't working, he would definitely give us something different

100%, just thinking as an alternative, also a way to get him into the games as he could operate in both positions. A Bailey-Watkins-Traore is a different threat to a Coutinho-Watkins-Buendia as is a Coutinho-Bailey-Buendia or Bailey-Coutinho-Watkins/Ings (4-3-1-2). Just think using him as a striker could make us absolutely devestating on the counter if need be.

Edited by a m ole

Â