Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Forsberg really has been excellent, I don't want to sign him as I hate going after a player after they have had a good international tournament and the guy is 29.

Some of his work in these four games though has been excellent for a player many will never have heard of.

Makes me feel like I would rather play Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Forsberg really has been excellent, I don't want to sign him as I hate going after a player after they have had a good international tournament and the guy is 29.

Ridiculous comment. We could be missing out on the next Birkir Bjarnason!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is it not that then? I 100% thought that was what he was saying.

Just checked it on the sky app and I think it’s Matviyenko

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Is it just me that keeps hearing one of the Ukrainian players names as Matt Bianco and shouts “you’re a bunch of rocket polishers “ at the TV 

Understand Captain America GIF

• Haha 1

After the England game and my emotion in that, I’m struggling with this game.  I keep fidgeting, checking my iPad and phone to do something.  I’m bored…not the games fault, just it’s a massive come down after England win.

26 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Forsberg is going to leave this tournament with a maaassssive contract

gaaaahhhh, doink again

He's signed a new one already with RB I think 

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was pretty pessimistic before the game, but end of the day as @Stevo985 pointed out before the match, if we won this it would be our best knockout win since 66 measured by the quality of the opponent . . . and we won. So fair play Southgate, it wasn't exactly the prettiest, but got the job done and it's an incredible victory really.

Looking at these two teams tonight, there's nothing to suggest we shouldn't be going in as favourites, but need to not get carried away. Switzerland and Czech Republic have reminded us no-one gets this far without a decent performance in their locker.

Yep. We give him enough stick so he should get credit when it goes right.

Tonight was excellent. It's not pretty, and it's still not using this squad as well as it could be used. But we've just beaten the best team we've beaten in a knockout game since 1966. It's a fantastic result.
We absolutely SHOULD now be reaching the final given our route. It will be difficult, but we've done the hardest part in theory.

If he manages that it'll be hard to criticise the guy. I said before, tight defensive teams have a history of winning tournaments. We could actually be one of them!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Listening to talkSPORT. Jason Cundy really seems to have a problem with Grealish.

Had it on In the car on the way home. I tuned off when the other prick of a presenter said tonight was ‘a managerial masterclass by Southgate’

Â