Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

There’s no sentiment in football - this is about money. We have it and Arsenal need it. We may not be successful but I admire the ruthlessness of attempting to extract a boyhood arsenal prodigy from arsenal - because we’ve got the cash and the smarts to do so. 

Replace Arsenal with Villa and this could be a post on the Grealish thread on Blue Moon

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Replace Arsenal with Villa and this could be a post on the Grealish thread on Blue Moon

Yep but the difference is….

oh I give up, can’t think of anything 😂

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yep but the difference is….

oh I give up, can’t think of anything 😂

The only difference is we don't need the money. Arsenal do.

Just now, sidcow said:

Someone needs to get Phil and Kirsty on the phone to sort the bloody pricing on this one. 

Ah they're only interested in the location.

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No comment on the rest but if you think Kronke is doing anything, you’re in cloud cuckoo land.  He doesn’t give a damn about what Arsenal fans or football world think about him.

Well, they’ve clearly let friends in the media know that they want to spend big sums this summer……figures of £250m being touted. Spending £50m on a Brighton CB goes some way to corroborating those stories. The proof will obviously be in the pudding, but I think even the Kroenke’s understand the need to try and calm the waters this particular summer. I’d be delighted with the signing of ESR, just don’t see how Arsenal can afford to let it happen.

I like how we’re not backing down on this, giving the so called “big clubs” a taste of their own medicine…

This could drag on, I wonder how it will pan out…

I really want us to get Alvarez and I think Olise would be a great signing for the squad, especially if it’s for a modest fee/release clause as has been previously reported.

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why add the Grealish bit? Why can’t the article stand on its own

It's their way of letting people know that Villa don't have any money to sanction such a deal without getting money from somewhere else first................If only they knew the truth 😏

• Like 1

Arsenal are the same every year. Around season ticket renewal time they are linked with great players which rarely come off (last I can think is Ozil).

Then they end up overpaying for average talent from the French league. 

Arsenal are ran on a balance sheet, not by the owner. There's probably a lot of red on that sheet after no CL and Covid. 

If he digs his heel in over the contract, they'd accept 40-50 upfront for him as it solves a lot of problems and saves him leaving for free next season. 

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

According to some friends who are Arsenal  season ticket holders he is their Percy. 

yeah think he's pretty senior at the athletic too.

Percy, romano, ornstein...i pretty much avoid anything tweeted by anyone but them

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Well, they’ve clearly let friends in the media know that they want to spend big sums this summer……figures of £250m being touted. Spending £50m on a Brighton CB goes some way to corroborating those stories. The proof will obviously be in the pudding, but I think even the Kroenke’s understand the need to try and calm the waters this particular summer. I’d be delighted with the signing of ESR, just don’t see how Arsenal can afford to let it happen.

So the leaks of big money spending is

a) they are actually going to spend 250m

or

b) their gullible fans believe it and the fans stop focusing on Kronke.  Amazing the Ek bid has gone quiet as well

🤔

Would be huge if we got him - can’t see Arsenal selling though that’s for sure. Reminds be of Grealish - hopefully to play with him rather than replace him!

Watkins

Grealish Smith-Rowe Buendia

All interchangeable … 😮