Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

The report was it would be a one off cash injection from Kroneke who has made almost triple on his initial investment in Arsenal, whilst also taking a dividend. They have a lot of desirable “deadwood”’ to shift which shouldn’t be too hard … Arteta won’t want to lose, die hard Arsenal fan Smith Rowe. personally think we have moved on quietly in the background - lurking reach to pounce if given a whiff of hope whilst stalking our next target. 

Edited by thabucks

Guess they managed to pay back this little peach from January without issue and then found another £250m to spend on transfers. All within 6 months.

Arsenal take out £120m Bank of England loan to ease Covid-19 cashflow worries

Arsenal have taken out a £120m loan from the Bank of England in an effort to ease cashflow issues that have mounted during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The loan, which must be paid back by the end of May along with an undisclosed sum of interest, is designed to cover losses and will not have any effect on Mikel Arteta’s winter transfer plans. It has been provided by the bank’s Covid corporate financing facility, which assists organisations that meet highly specific investment criteria and are deemed to make significant contributions to the economy. Tottenham Hotspur and the Football Association are the only other football institutions to have made use of the scheme.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/mikel-arteta-expects-mesut-ozil-future-to-be-decided-in-next-few-days-arsenal

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

Guess they managed to pay back this little peach from January without issue and then found another £250m to spend on transfers. All within 6 months.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/mikel-arteta-expects-mesut-ozil-future-to-be-decided-in-next-few-days-arsenal

makes you wonder how they arent falling apart at the seams and having to offload players......

3 hours ago, sne said:

I read somewhere before that Kronke took over this loan by paying it off and then placing the loan between him and the club at more favourable interest rates.  So nice of him to give nice interest rates to his own club ie draining the club through interest payments to his own pocket.  Sounds like draining the club of money and some tax benefit scheme to him to be honest.

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

When I travelled across Europe watching European games as I did before Covid I have had a couple people talk about Villa and sometimes about Villa Park.  I went to the Barca v Man CL Qtr final back in 2019 when Messi delightfully taught Man Utd a lesson.  I was in the Barca end and chatting to some locals in the stadium.  One of them had lived just outside of Norfolk for a few years about ten years ago and travelled to some of the grounds in the league, one being ours and they loved our stadium, the design and history.  When I lived in Sydney, I used to play football with a lot of British expats and Italians and it had been mentioned about our iconic stadium which made up for our team at the time. 

Given what you and I are saying, maybe it's the difference between fans that go to away games or other stadiums compared the tv fans. I'm not disrespecting tv fans by the way, that's where most of our income comes in these days so I'm not disrespecting them in the slightest. I guess I'm just old school and enjoy visiting other grounds and thus I probably interact with more fans that are like me that do visit other grounds either to watch Villa or to experience other teams/players than I interact with fans that just watch on tv.

I’d be absolutely devastated if we left VP before I could get there. If I wanted to go to a shiny new stadium with no soul I could just drive to a Minnesota Vikings game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

makes you wonder how they arent falling apart at the seams and having to offload players......

Maybe not many other clubs approaching them for there players yet Or theres still plenty of time for the offload to occur. I reckon if they were to do it early it would show how serious there situation is perhaps and they will try hold out longer to gather interest from as many clubs as possible.

If they having to take out loans to compete, that's a pretty ballzy move, if it fails the offload will have to happen the following season wouldn't it? Arsenal has been a club for season showing signs of overspending, wage bloated and poorly run behaviour.

I expect more staff to go soon.

15 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Arsenal strongly rumored to have 250m this window to spend

Where did the rumour come from?

I think they will have to raise a good chunk of that to be honest and I hope they give Arteta £250 million to spend, it will pretty much kill that club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I’d be absolutely devastated if we left VP before I could get there. If I wanted to go to a shiny new stadium with no soul I could just drive to a Minnesota Vikings game.

They announced expansion not too long ago. We’re going nowhere😀😀

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They don’t pay for them up front.

Was going to say, technically most of their players' old clubs still own about 60% of 'arsenals' most recent signings...

I reckon out second bid is incoming this weekend and will be a big one and break our record. Whether they accept is another matter but after all the talk of us agreeing to sell Jack I think I they will want to show the outiside he is going nowhere and we mean business. This signing could have that impact. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I reckon out second bid is incoming this weekend and will be a big one and break our record. Whether they accept is another matter but after all the talk of us agreeing to sell Jack I think I they will want to show the outiside he is going nowhere and we mean business. This signing could have that impact. 

or the idiots will say 'we're spending the Grealish money' 

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

or the idiots will say 'we're spending the Grealish money' 

They’ll be saying that about anyone we bring until JG signs a new contract. Is ESR actually worth £45M+? I don’t know.