PL Fixtures 2021/22

ismail-villa

Had we played man city when we were supposed to we would have beaten them. So I want them first game of the season. At home. I wouldn't mind a 5/6 game run against the top teams also. This shows our mettle imo.

I don't want to play Brentford on their patch until mid October otherwise they'll turn us over. You know it's gonna happen. 

As usual, City away please.

Get it out the way before they're up to speed.

A good performance and a loss feels like much more of a positive were it against most others.

a dull mid table team like southampton or palace that's unlikely to be on tv. nice to start with a sat 3pm game

a fun away day be nice too...remember the first game of the season at west ham a few years back. roasting hot, in a london beer garden nice and early, not wanting to leave to go to the game

Edited by tomav84

58 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Had we played man city when we were supposed to we would have beaten them. So I want them first game of the season

Interesting - I go back and forth on whether that game being rescheduled was a negative (as despite a 100% record we were always a few spots off the top) or positive (if they had beaten us would we have had the momentum we had first few games?)

Generally though I agree, best to play the best team on the opening day when something might just not click for them.

The promoted teams often line up like lambs to the slaughter, against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester clubs, on the first day. I'm guessing we may be away at West Ham or Newcastle. 

It's weird not been in the office when the fixtures come out. Normally all the blokes are gathered round someone's desk looking at them and banter goes on. 

Â