PL Fixtures 2021/22

ismail-villa

Fairly lopsided schedule for us. We start with our easiest month of the season on paper (August, average opponent league position 17th), followed by 3 of our 4 most difficult months of the season in September (by far the most difficult at 5.33), October (2nd most difficult at 8.50) and December (4th most difficult at 9.33). December trickier when adjusted for away games. We should have a decent turn of the year with only April being a bit trickier after that (9.20). Hopefully the hard work is done by then and CL qualification is all but secured.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Enjoy the fixtures everyone. Could have been so different if not for Nyland.  😉

This is literally the only reason we didn't get relegated that season and the next season. Hawkeye doesn't malfunction and we're in League 1 now. Unbelievable when you consider those facts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dig this one up!

Been thinking about the two games we're yet to have scheduled, versus Leeds and Burnley.

Looking at the calendar, there isn't going to be an opportunity for us to play either game at a weekend, so we're looking at mid-week fixtures.

I'm not sure about how UEFA currently feels about having Premier league games on at the same time as the Champions league, but I have a feeling they're more relaxed on it than they were.

If they're not, the most likely dates would look to be Wednesday 2nd March, Wednesday 20th April and Wednesday 11th May.

We tend to put tickets on sale to members at least three weeks before games go ahead and the Burnley game will be a home fixture, so I think it's unlikely we'll be playing that one this month and that 2nd March date will pass before too long.

I quite like the idea of us getting Burnley on the 11th May and playing them back to back, twice in five days with their survival on the line - that would be a pretty dramatic end to the season and with a bit of luck we'd get to wave Ben Mee off.

Just under fifteen weeks to go and no real mention of rescheduled dates yet for either fixture - it'd be nice to at least know what's happening by the international break in March.

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry to dig this one up!

Been thinking about the two games we're yet to have scheduled, versus Leeds and Burnley.

Looking at the calendar, there isn't going to be an opportunity for us to play either game at a weekend, so we're looking at mid-week fixtures.

I'm not sure about how UEFA currently feels about having Premier league games on at the same time as the Champions league, but I have a feeling they're more relaxed on it than they were.

If they're not, the most likely dates would look to be Wednesday 2nd March, Wednesday 20th April and Wednesday 11th May.

We tend to put tickets on sale to members at least three weeks before games go ahead and the Burnley game will be a home fixture, so I think it's unlikely we'll be playing that one this month and that 2nd March date will pass before too long.

I quite like the idea of us getting Burnley on the 11th May and playing them back to back, twice in five days with their survival on the line - that would be a pretty dramatic end to the season and with a bit of luck we'd get to wave Ben Mee off.

Just under fifteen weeks to go and no real mention of rescheduled dates yet for either fixture - it'd be nice to at least know what's happening by the international break in March.

In a way i feel it'll help us slightly.  Gives us more time to gel as a team with Gerrard and his style of playing with new additions and Buendia, etc only just starting to settle. 

But on the other hand, lots of games tightly packed together can cause issues of not being 100%, more injuries, etc.

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Burnley game will be held back as late as possible for the drama of a relegation battle 

Their new striker will be shit until they play us, then he'll get a hat trick. 

It's the Villa way. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

They should have scheduled our Leeds away game for this weekend.

Probably hasn’t been because it is a TV game (Amazon) 

Edited by jim

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

FA Cup weekends will be an option? 

FA Cup 5th round is midweek at beginning of March. Burnley have us, Leicester and Everton outstanding to play. Leicester have 4 games to rearrange, Everton have 3 and we have 2. They are both still in the FA Cup. If they both go through this weekend, expect our game with Burnley to be played 1st/2nd March. Speculation source is @BenCrellin on Twitter (fixture change guru)

• Like 1

Â